the great gathering a4`s

Posted
Rating:
#200512 (In Topic #11109)
Legacy Member
just got back from a day at york railway museum,while there Iasked about copyright of photo`s from there,Iwas told that all pics taken at the museum are ok to publish as long as it is not for commercial gain, so here are some of the great gathering

my webcam link 6.19.184.67:8080
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
and now of the great goodbye at Shildon,wet night

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
and again only a bit drier,

Posted
Rating:
Nice. DofC is now back at the museum in St. Constant, I'll be there next week.

Nigel

©Nigel C. Phillips

Posted
Rating:
The copyright question may be more complicated than I'd thought. Ordinarily, the photographer owns the copyright of images taken by himself. I'm aware however, that an employer owns copyright of photographs taken by an employee in the course of their employment, but where I'm unsure is when a private individual takes photos when photography is stated as 'not permitted' by an owner of the prototype, property, etc, particularly when the item is located on private land.

More research required I think.

Any intel out there?

Cheers,

Bill 

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
It's all been discussed ad nauseum before, Bill.  Search copyright on the home page search box.

I find that if you politely ask, the owner will give permission to we poor sad model railway types, to use their images.  :lol:

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
I would think it may depend upon whether the photographer enters the land to take the photo. If the subject matter is on private land but visible / accessible from public land then it may be different. And again that differs if the subject matter is in the interests of national security. Ie, defence installations visible from roads etc. airports, train stations etc although the latter is normally ok and permission granted if you contact the operators up front. Some even issue permits.

I've looked into the above in another life. Not straight forward and in most cases with the exception of MOD properties and the like, even private owners must have some reasonable course of objection if their subject matter is visible from a public place.

If you go into an exhibition or similar, sometimes they can make the taking of photographs prohibited as a part of the contract you enter into when buying your ticket for admission. How legally binding that is may vary on the nature of the exhibit.

If you are caught out, they cannot confiscate your camera equipment or memory cards but they may be able to insist that you erase the images.

It's a mine field.

Toto
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Still had no email from Pendon re the photo's I took, so I'll wait!?

Cheers
Ron

Proper Preparation makes for Perfect Performance!!

http://yourmodelrailway.net/view_topic.php?id=13331&forum_id=21

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
the reason I asked about copyright at he museum was because the first photo was the museums not mine,if they had been mine then I would own the right to publish, so Toto if you took the pics you can do what you like with them,
:thumbs;-):cool:

Posted
Rating:
Thanks Max, I'll take a look, as I certainly don't wish to open up previous discussions for no good reason.

I didn't realise that you didn't take the A4 photos Owen, so I suspect they unfortunately breach copyright, but I'm sure we'll get away with it! The museum's response of ''all pics taken at the museum are ok to publish'' will refer to images taken by visitors, as the museum will own the copyright to their own images.

Toto, you're right. It can be a minefield, particularly if you're engaged in espionage! Don't go there, ha!

Right, back to the railways,

Bill :)

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Ron I think Sandra Cox and some of the other staff are on annual leave, a week or two weeks , not sure. It's just some of the worker bees manning it at the moment so you won't get a reply till the office Walla's come back

Cheers

Matt
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
OK matt, I'll not do anything till then :)

Posted
Rating:
Great photos Owen - particularly the night ones at Shildon.  I was there on a cold, wet day but filled my card with photos.  Did you happen to see D of C when she first arrived ?  Shildon did a magnificent job on her - I hope our friends "over there" appreciate it and don't let her get into that state again.  I've got some "before and after" shots if anyone is interested ………….:roll:

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Yes please Peter?? :)

Thanks
Ron

Posted
Rating:
By popular request (from Ron :roll:), here's a couple of pics of D or C when she first arrived at Shildon to be prepared for the "Great Gathering":

And after the whizz-kids at Shildon had been let loose:

I do have other close-ups showing what a dreadful state she was in on arrival.  Hard to believe it's the same loco but I think the fibre-glass manufacturers were pleased ………………..:thumbs

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Ed is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Good grief exclam: don't tell me they lost the bell as well :roll:

Ed

Posted
Rating:
That's a worse condition than I remember seeing it in the 60's!!

Thanks Peter

Ron

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
good   shots Peter,Idid see dwight d at york that was even worse, great paches just welded on all over,no camera so no pics,

Posted
Rating:
[user=1698]Silver fox[/user] wrote:
good   shots Peter,Idid see dwight d at york that was even worse, great paches just welded on all over,no camera so no pics,
I've got shots of her at Shildon alongside D of C Owen.  Maybe York had already done some tarting up because I didn't think she looked too bad although, as you say, there were patches welded on in places.  Having said that, it was obvious that the tarting up was cosmetic only.

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Wow ! Is that the same engine ? What a difference. Thanks Peter its always good to see these unique shots members take when out and about

Cheers

Matt
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.