NG 009 layout started read on please!!!!!!...........

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Cracking on there Tom. Look forward to the photo's and updates

Toto
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Find enclosed the final model as such:roll::???::), but, will have to make/ purchase door grabs etc etc and all so get a chassis and couplings, been looking at Parkside Dundas, (great site and people) for suitable items and found a lot of contenders:lol:.

I hope you all like this sample model, Marty, seeing as it is, do you still like the BRIGHT colours:lol::lol::lol::shock:, not sure myself;-):???:….

All the very best to everyone my dear friends………Tom…..:);-):cool:……….
PS………I hope it makes easy understanding of the parts, you need two of most items for the outside and ALSO, the inside, remainder left for spares etc etc etc………………………..Tom…..:)

Last edit: by mckinnell

Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
I think the colours are grand Tom, very cheerful and will be aesthetically pleasing on a train running through green fields and hills. Complementary colours you see, Green and Red.
Have you allowed a little extra width on your carriage roof for the curvature? Maybe a couple of mm extra for overlap that can be trimmed off afterwards? 
Just a thought. 
Keep it coming. 
Marty

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"

Posted
Rating:
Good evening all:),
           VERY quick update, just finished the main track laying:doublethumb,   points laid for the main through station, need to work out what points needed for the two end stations plus, a short rather than little:roll:, through station; both through stations will have a run through line for non stopping and good, may put a little good stop in their as well regarding the smaller station:hmm; i will post some picture to date after i have cleaned up the base board surfaces some what:roll:;-)…………

O yes, nearly forgot, my Morley twin controller has been dispatched and should receive it in the next 2/3 days time all being well that is…………….

Very best regards to all……………….Tom…………..:);-):cool:..

Posted
Rating:
Evening or is it morning:???::shock::lol:,
                   Still, just to let all know that, my new Morley controller has duly arrived, and is great, also, with winter getting EVER closer:sad::shock::), have just invested in a garage heater of around 3000watts, thermostated, and its rather BIG:shock::shock:, it will be set at a nice heat setting this winter and, all being OK, left on so as to control the overall temperature therein, we hope!:roll:;-).
                   Am awaiting still my two Kato chassis, 11-103s, but, should arrive very soon now, BUT, we have had to put some items from the garden in the garage and, i think it may require the services of another skip, or the like, its an old shed plus item that were stored in it that are taking the room up, still, never mind.

Well, thats about it for the moment other than my mate gave me 10 point motors for nothing, he did not need them so to help me out he said i could have them, very nice in deed:):):);-).

OK, thats me for now and i am off to bed, chat really soon my friends.

My very best regards to one and all……Tom……:);-):cool:

Posted
Rating:
Hi to ALL:),
             WELL, just had to post and my two 11-103 chassis have arrived from Japan:Happy; soon i will start to source some bodies for them, and, i also see that the site i used has some nice 0-4-0 small loco chassis as well, things are looking rather nice for now at any rate, onwards and upwards as they say;-):)………..

Very best regards to all……………………….Tom…:);-):cool:

Posted
Rating:

Posted
Rating:
Hi all,
      Its just 01-46 in the morning:shock::roll:;-), and about finished today with number 2 skip:shock:, yes, yet another skip load from the garage and an old shed which is one of two we are demolishing and skipping, but, after looking at the 2 inch square internal timbers, i had to salvage them for more railway board model work, :):lol:, so, a lot of the material has been, will be, put to a better use;-):thumbs.

I have just about 50% of the way into my own station model based on that from Col Stephens on the K&ECR, down the South, altering some aspects for my own systems use:), so, when its completed as such, will post some pictures of the model, its based as i say on the Bodian station proper, will not have an interior as, and is IMHO, a waste at this scale due to the need to get right down and near to see anything of worth, but if it was 7 mm scale, then we have a different view point, as such:hmm:lol:.

OK, to close for now, i will be looking at the CWRailways offering of their tank loco which is based around the Kato 11-103 chassis, but for a second one, i like Tebee's models; Tom has quite a nice selection, one being a 009 side tank tram engine but not to sure what either will look like in 3D plastics, but, am getting a glass fibre pen for surface cleaning and buffing up as i seem to have read one needs for a smooth finish, its the 2 mm size for the size of the models..

Right, bed for me and more sorting out and shopping in town latter today i guess:hmm, till later chaps…………….

Very best regards to all……………………………..Tom…..:);-):cool:

Posted
Rating:
:sad::cry: I really do not believe it:twisted:, NOT only has my camera just gone BANG:shock:, as such, BUT, i now find that my Bluetooth connections on both laptop and main PC, are, now totally killed off by win 10 update that has managed to SCREW UP my said Bluetooth software and am totally unable to find any usable or half respectable advice on the internet to put this right:twisted::twisted::sad:.

With the above statement of sadness given:roll:, i`ll try ASAP, to send up some pictures, as to how long it will take i do not know, and i thought win 10 was really getting some place, boy am i so very wrong:shock::roll::lol:…………..

Best regards to all………………………Tom……….:);-):cool:

Posted
Rating:
QUICK:shock:, while its still shooting:lol::lol:,

OK, Hope you like them, sorry for the awful shots, think only one is nice as such the rest well:???::shock:;-):lol:; hope the camera keeps going, amazing what a good screw driver and pig ignorance can achieve:roll::lol:, well that my story and i'm sticking with it ;-):lol:; it has no name yet, neither does any of the station areas to date as, i have not yet finished them so feel its rather premature to do so.
                                     OK, enjoy best regards till later……………….Tom………:);-):cool:
PS………..Just to say that down pipes and other items STILL to be applied to the station building……….:);-)

Last edit: by mckinnell

Posted
Rating:
UPDATE,……….Should have my latest batch of points from EHatton for the next section which leads into the second terminus and associated engine shed, and, i will have to get an "N" gauge T/T for obvious reasons:roll::lol::lol:; motors and bases are ready so, i think it will be a placement exercise as such, and i have my sights on a Silverline drill press on EBay at £59, p&p free,  full retail is £99.99, must get this passed by "She who must be OBEYED" aka, the WIFE!:???::shock::lol::lol::lol::lol:, till later gang;-).

My very best regards to every one…………………Tom………:);-):cool:
PS… You will be glad to hear that the camera is still at this moment, working, how long for :???:, mmmmmmmmm, hoping mates;-)……

Posted
Rating:
Hi All,
         Just before i go bye bye's :roll::lol:, just finished the basic structure for the larger of two small adjacent buildings that are based on those at Bodian stn so, are quite correct as such, a smaller one will follow soon after this is completed, much to do:);-), hope you like the model even tho its just a 3D max model so far…………..thanks people.

Best regards to all……………………..Tom……:);-):cool:

Posted
Rating:
Hi all,
       Well, i have finally got my chassis from  Shapeways and they do look very nice indeed. and, i have now placed into these my two 11-103 motor units and they fit rather neatly indeed, just need to get the two Gem fittings kit to use with the bodies i am going to make; have just started my engine shed that based around the prototype at Rolvenden station on the K&ESR, and, is coming along nicely.
       II have now to complete the last two station areas which will add up to around 12 in total, i hope, as such but we will see as i get to the areas one at a time, may be areas which can have industries but, not at the expense of space and making the model bunged up as such……………

My very best regards………………….Tom….:);-):cool:

Posted
Rating:
Dear ALL,
             I have come to an irrevocable truth, my model building is bad really cxxp, the building i have tried to make look like a child's attempt, and being of years and having to many years under my belt, this is not acceptable at all, also, my track laying is very pathetic to say the least and i am being very kind to me; i don,t like the flat board effect and also its just around the metric of 1/8th thick, the only thickness i could afford, and, not able to do much about it now as it is built in such a way as to make any tampering out of the question.

I am a person who is on disablement money plus a PIP, which, with all our bills is hard to justify any modelling if it is going wrong, as this is, so, i must call time on purchasing any more items till i van see what is going to happen or can be done, but, seeing a lot of the layouts here on our forum and by people older than myself and the fantastic offerings they deliver, i am very surely put off trying to do anything as i cannot see me getting to their level and for me, that is a value i will not compromise at any cost, where i go from here i do not know.

My over all health is surprisingly far better than i had hoped, but for one thing and that is the chronic pain and nerve troubles i am now getting in both hands which is about my level of luck, so, thats it for the now and i shall have to think what if any my options are, money wise, they are bad next to worse than ever, so, the decision may of being made for me and with how i am feeling now a days and at the moment, i couldn't care less, so thats all for now……….

My very best regards and much thanks to all………Tom..

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Hi Tom,

A couple of things. First, your attempts are neither child like or crap. You are being far to harsh on yourself. I can understand how you feel as my model making skills are in their infancy and to be honest I am petrified of what my first attempt of actually building structures might yield.

However ………. You …… On the other hand have made a start and have kindly posted up your attempts which for an inexperienced modeller are fine. I personally am a little more fortunate ( at the moment ) as far as funds go but believe me, it's not money that provides success in this game, it's perseverance and that can be demonstrated many times over on this very forum as some people really can make a silk purse out of a pigs ear. It's been proven.

You started your thread with gusto and have made a brilliant job of the baseboards etc. your structures are fine and I suspect what will happen will be the same as myself. You build structures which may not match the best on here, but are a start. Eventually as you get better and as your layout starts to fill out, you'll start to replace your first attempts with improved versions. It's all down to practice and experience my friend.

Keep your eye open on my threads as shortly you are about to see me going through exactly the same.

Sounds like your health is getting you down a bit as well, something that a lot of your fellow modellers on here can sympathise with ( including myself ). Don't let it drag you down. Take heart in what you are doing and soldier on. Let's see that track going down and some power to the steels. If you need any advice ………. ASK. I'm sure that I speak for everyone in saying that it would he freely available.

C'mon ……… Keep it going

Cheers

Toto
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Make no mistake about it, Tom.  This stuff isn't easy.

I keep some of my earliest attempts around, just to inspire me when I hit the inevitable hurdle - to see just how far I have come.

Your photos show that you have made a pretty good fist of it so far.

Don't be afraid to bin something and make it again.  I've completely rebuilt Olpharts Crossing three times from the ground up.

http://yourmodelrailway.net/view_topic.php?id=13158&forum_id=151

What are you going to do if you give up?

Watch daytime television?  I don't think so.  :lol:

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Ed is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Hi Tom

I just wanted to echo what Toto and Max have already said.

The pictures of buildings you've posted look fine to me and you can always revisit or replace any model at a later date, when time and funds permit.

We are after all just creating a representation of a railway and surrounding scenery, not an exact scaled down replica.

Take your time and if things take longer to do because of your hand problems, so what.

I built my baseboards a couple of years ago when my back wasn't too bad. I know if I was just starting now, it would be far more difficult and would take me a lot longer.

There is no timescale for this hobby, it's not a race and if funds are tight just stick a couple of pounds in a tin or something each month.

It's what I do and it's surprising how quickly it mounts up.

Ed

Posted
Rating:
Update,
           All photobucket pictures removed, all buildings destroyed and, all track work removed and stored away; baseboards are not very good at all, and, i really do not have any more money, plus, with what this government are planning,  i fear for my and my wife's future regarding how we will survive financially speaking, that's all…………………Thanks..

Regards…………Tom……. 

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Ed is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Sorry to hear that Tom.

Very best wishes to you and your wife and I hope things improve for you both.

Ed

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
spurno is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Very sorry to hear about your troubles Tom and i sincerely hope things get better for you and your wife.Do pop in and see us when you can.
All the best to you both.

Regards

Alan

Born beside the mighty GWR.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.