Choosing Our Header Photograph.

Posted
Rating:
#11935 (In Topic #1099)
Legacy Member
Because a certain amount of concern has been brought to my attention regarding the fairness of the way we choose the header photograph each week I am coming back to the membership with a simple poll. There are two choices.

1.Stay as it is.

2. Change.

The first choice is obvious, and the second, the 'Change' choice, means that members can post photographs Saturday to Monday and then vote for the photograph they prefer, from those put forward, from Tuesday to Friday.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
I voted to change the system to hopefully attract more images plus members can pick there selection for the week from all images instead of perhaps selecting early before seeing all selections.

cheers Brian.W
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
I voted for change because I think that there's a need to encourage more entries and more participation by members.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
I voted for change simply because it seems the present system isn't doing what was planned.

I hope that, if we change, then more members will post pictures than are currently doing so.  :roll:  :roll:

Petermac

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
I voted for change - not that I don't appreciate what Bob has already set up, and the hard work he does in keeping it (and us :roll:  :roll: ) together.  Change is just a bit of fine tuning as regarding posting and voting days.

Posted
Rating:
I voted for "Change", because I like that concept. I don't mind posting an image from "Somewhere" and then seeing one from "Somewhere Else" that I like better.
This forum has sooooo mannnny pictures now that it takes forever to look at all of them. With more members doing the looking, it saves me a lot of time.  :evil:  :shock:  :roll:  :lol:

Wayne :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

My Layout "The South Shore Line":
http://yourmodelrailway.net/view_topic.php?id=509&forum_id=21
This video/animation was made in Adobe Flash Player, which is no longer supported or available for download.

Posted
Rating:
Sounds like a better way of doing it to me. Might even get me to vote :shock:  :lol:  :lol:

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
I voted to keep things as they are, because if someone posts a photo early on, one that I'm happy to go with, that's fine by me. Unless it was one of mine, in which case I'd definitely suggest an alternative.
 Under the present system, if I see something I strongly feel should be the header photo, I make a point of nominating it early, and I think many members are happy to live with any worthy early suggestion. This way I think we have less of a competition, more of an endorsement for good pictures of good work.  I haven't yet seen a bad early nomination.
 If we have a way of keeping track of the weekly winners - in other words if the weekly winners were kept and displayed in a separate perpetual thread - people like myself with dodgy memories will find it easier to re-nominate favourites that haven't yet been given the nod, and we'll be able to get around to choosing them.

Mike
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
I agre with MikeC, think it would work as he says with just a slight tweak on where the pics go.
Phill

Posted
Rating:
I haven't voted for reasons stated in the Moderator's Section.

Perry

Due to cutbacks, the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off.

Posted
Rating:
I am happy with the way things are.  The main thing is to have an attractive picture as a header.  That said, I wouldn't mind if Bob(FC) just picked a picture himself and surprised us with his selection each weekend. He has done a pretty good job so far and has built the gallery with a range of pictures which have caught his discerning eye.

Bob(K)

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
I agree with novice. Bob probably sees every message and picture on here.I would be happy with whatever he chooses.
Its all very well for this board to be totally democratic but somebody must hold the reins!!

Mikey
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Les
Inactive Member
I like the idea of a vote however I also like the idea that Bob just picks a picture which seems much simpler, if he's willing. I'll run with that. (Is that a vote for no change then?). :?  :?

Les

Devon Junction
Kernow Junction

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
I voted for change,however either is fine by me,im so laid back im horizontal so im told. If we vote then fine,or if Bob chooses thats fine as well. But i do like to vote :wink:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Howabout a random picture from the gallery?  That would ensure that there is an equal spread in coverage.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user

Perry said

I haven't voted for reasons stated in the Moderator's Section.

Perry

Err…. what is this supposed to mean.

Most of us don't have access to this section of the forum.

The only people this would make sense to is those who are moderators so should this comment not have gone there and no comment here?

or

Alternatively have you forgotten to repost the comment from the moderators section?

BLG
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Neil Wood said

Howabout a random picture from the gallery?  That would ensure that there is an equal spread in coverage.

Neil

I agree, see my note above - but what about that picture you are using as your logo, it looks like a 9F, I would love to see this picture full size.

Bob(K)

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
I voted for a change.
Yes while first class photos are submitted, usually only 2 so perhaps the change will get more.
Time will tell.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
i was always of the understanding that the members were
supposed to LOOK through the personal layout section and
pick a photo themselves and submit it,why has Bob to do it all? :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :?  8)
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Owen

I have always thought that the photo could come from anywhere on the forum not just from the personal layouts section so the subject image can vary a great deal and we get a broad range of images as well

cheers Brian.W
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.