St Michael (nee San Miguel)

Posted
Rating:
Guest user

Revised Revised Layout

Baseboard 1 painted with back scene finished and basic track plan laid out, 2 tracks at front and rear interconnecting on the right. Learned the importance of planning as I've now had to chop the buildings and join them but consider that a happy accident as they look better as one…. Friday so the other 5/8ths wants to go for meal tonight (won't settle for crisps) so layout on hold until Sunday. …. vino tinto it is then.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Ed is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Looks good Ian :thumbs

What make is the flat bed truck?

Ed

Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Hi Ed thanks for the encouraging comments the truck is an Oxford model of a 'Commer' I think, the other is a Bedford (maybe!)
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Hi Ian.

Thought they might be Oxford.

Seeing you picture reminded me I must get some vehicle for my goods yard at some point.

Ed

Posted
Rating:
Guest user

T Cooper Ltd (Barrel makers) 'just like vat' completed building ready for planting, I had to reconfigure it due to space restrictions but am happy with the result …. funny thing is I keep thinking of mi vino tinto ….. might do a distillery next mmmm
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
So Ian do you know Rob at the the Garden restaurant at frigiliana. And are his Corgette fritters as good as claimed ?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Hi Matt not been to frigiliana yet as we're in the old town of Nerja(cheaper vino tinto and good fritters)but will check it out when we go there.

Ian
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Might need to up your stocks of vino Tinto next June / July as SWMBO her brother and sis  in law are booking a 2 week trip to your area . they mentioned Nerja as being close by….me  I just do as I'm telt.  :mutley
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Let us know when you're coming Matt we can hatch a plan…. 'what dear… no I was just telling Matt about your tan'… shhh
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user

Another landmark … the first track put down … now I can start the fun scenic stuff …? … gonna need vino tinto to get the creative juices flowing!
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user

Rail bridge (Lcut)constructed ready for planting when the track is weathered etc, I intend to place a mirror at the end of the bridge to give it some depth (talking of which my vino tinto glass is low)
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Looking really good there Ian , well done mate :thumbs
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Thanks Matt somehow got to put some sort of retaining wall onto the backscene near the bridge to blend it in.

Ian
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Velcro it on

Cheers

Matt
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Looks good Ian :thumbs

……………………. but don't let 'elf and safety see those vans being shunted with the doors open :mutley

Ed

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Thanks fellas, good point Ed I'll close them before she comes in looking for her velcro

Ian
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Whay hay, I see trains !!! Well done that man and pour another vinto tinto. Moi is just off to a local amusement centre for some vin rough and food.

Enjoy your railway Ian,

Bill :) 

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Good morning Bill and thanks for the encouraging remarks .. more vino tinto it is then … oh yes and thanks for the nice comment on my railway.

Ian
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user

Revamped bridge, soon to part on a disused line …
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Great build Ian, but it looks in far too good condition to be on an unused line !

Bill :)

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.