St Michael (nee San Miguel)

Posted
Rating:
Guest user

Revised Revised Layout

Yep,

A job very well done. I must admit,I thought covering it in paper was going to be suicidal for such a great kit but it has turned out very well indeed.

:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs

Toto
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Thanks Toto I must admit I wasn't 100% sure it would work but have a bit more confidence for the next one, a small warehouse. Think I've earned mi tinto!

Ian
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
You certainly have. Time to sit back with a big smug mug.:mutley. Ii'll look forward to the warehouse. Is it the same kind of kit ?

Toto
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Yes again I'll be 'modifying' it, also same brickwork but possibly a few shades lighter to show it as a newer building. Once that's done I can look to sorting the backboard and track.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
drain pipes and guttering to be weathered then boilerhouse/chiminey to build (realigned the correagated sheet above the upper floor access
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Excellent job, well done :doublethumb.

Pete.

it was already on fire when I got here, honest!
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
It's getting near the time to position the buildings and lay some track ….phew! I had intended to use foam ballast but then decided an overall base of cork might work better especially with the amount of yard. Also I could sink the track into it around the factory. I've not seen cork tiles out here in Nerja but have found a notice board with cork one side and cardboard on the other anyone used this before?

Ian
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Hi all

Another update on the first baseboard; … I purchased a cheap cork pin board with cork on one side and corrugated cardboard underneath (see pictures). Before gluing it  into position I varnished it both sides to give it extra something or other …? and hopefully this will cushion the sound and allow me to stick things innit …? … sorry … in it' now where's mi vino tinto?

Ian

Tomorrow the boiler house / chimney

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Hi Ian,

Cork is a good track bed foundation, although the last photo seems to suggest a strata of flexible corrugated cardboard underneath the cork. This is likely to give you issues with your points, as it's desirable to have these units laid on a perfectly level surface with no risk of deformation whatsoever, as issues with derailment can easily occur.

I know it's a pain, but a little more work now may save you much grief later on.

Bon courage and pour yourself some more vino tinto,

Bill

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Fair advice Bill I will now form a plan to 'underpin' the points areas.

Cheers Ian
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
almost there just the loading bay and final weathering

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
That factory looks great Ian… A corker it is.

Marty

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
After that accolade Marty I'll make it an 'uncorker' Thanks!
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Another Lcut kit, its now a timber store for T Cooper Ltd (Barrel Makers)

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
You're getting some nice buildings there, Ian.  :thumbs

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Thanks Max
I've just (just… ?) got the road bridges to complete and then I can start working out the track plan.

Ian
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Backscene going on really making progress now …. and having fun …… and having vino tinto …

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Ed is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
That back scene looks good Ian :thumbs, is it bought or have you made it from pictures/prints?

Ed

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Hi Ed

Its a 'gaugemaster' backscene with scenic material added I reckon it'll look ok.

Ian
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Hi Ian,

Coming along great. These buildings are doing you proud. Really great stuff.

Cheers

Toto
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.