St Michael (nee San Miguel)

Posted
Rating:
Guest user

Revised Revised Layout

Now if I can get this to fit on my boards ………… (reaching for the vino tinto)
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Hi Ian,

Hope it all fits, as looks to be an entertaining project. I particularly like the two exit roads from the fiddle.

Still sunny here, so am now heading to the deck with a bottle of chilled wine and the bride. Enjoy the VT!

Bill :)

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Thanks Bill, varnished the first baseboard today so will start on the factory building tomorrow (Lcut with Scalescenes cladding) don't go overboard cheers!

Ian
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
It's good to make progress. Enjoy your factory tomorrow Ian and the track work when you get there. I'll be laying floor tiles in the laundry! 

The chilled bottle of white tonight, turned into a local red, then after dinner, we shared some spectacular Islay single malt and Cointreau Noir for the girls, with some of our guests. Coffee and my book in bed next.

Life is good and when I finish the laundry, I'll finally make a start on the railway room. 

All the best,

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
Wigan ????

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Ah just realized that I haven't changed my profile address well spotted Bill!

Ian in Nerja
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
All I need to do now is assemble it, clad it and split it into 2 low relief sections simmppples! …. where's mi vino tinto!
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Whoo hoo…. progress at last, you must be chuffed. :lol:
I DO like that track plan too. Run around at each end and plenty of options for shunting. Super.

Bring it on

:cheers

Marty

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
G'day/night Marty thanks for the encouraging remarks, I'm building the factory (below the fiddle yard) in low relief to give it more scenic detail. My other 5 / 8ths commented that she's seen a change in me now I'm modeling, she asked ' since when did you start sipping your vino tinto out of a Crystal goblet?'
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
It seems a shame to clad the Lcut kit with scalescenes papers when it has nice laser cut textures just screaming out for some paint.

Cheers

Andy

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Paint was my first choice Andy but I'm not confident enough, anyway I've been telling the other 5/8ths I'm colour blind so being caught with any type of paintbrush could be a life changer!

Ian
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Update on St Michael (nee San Miguel) Ive started to construct the Lcut factory and warping seems to be my biggest problem. However as I'm cladding the various parts in Scalescenes paper I can then straighten them so hopefully when the build is complete it will square off. This is a good learning curve as it was my conscious decision to only have lcut buildings on my layout as I wanted a long term challenge….? … now where's mi vino tinto?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Basic shell of the Lcut factory ('T Coopers' Barrel maker Ltd) constructed with scalescenes TX04 grey brick for the interior walls and TX36 aged clapboard for the flooring. Next step is to clad the exterior with TX07 aged brown brick before adding the windows/doors and roof covered in TX18 grey roof tiles. I've altered the location of the doors to make it more practical and to experiment with a little bashing'.  With suitable weathering I'm hoping it wont look too bad, watch this space …… now wheres mi Vino Tinto?

Ian
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Honestly this is the final layout ….. ? ….
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Exterior cladding on, tomorrow the windows
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Looking OK to me! If you continue to have warping problems you could consider some interior corner bracing pieces where they can't be seen.

Marty

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Roof and decorative brickwork (where the top and bottom join) then weathering to do

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Very neat build Ian and I'm liking those little interior details popping out. Well done Ian, the vino tinto is working well with you!

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Thanks Bill

I can now honestly call it a 'corker'

Ian
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
weathering and detailing to go almost there
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.