St Michael (nee San Miguel)

Posted
Rating:

Revised Revised Layout

Ah, another vin rough / vinto tinto aficionado! Welcome Matt, pull up a chair, while I extract another cork.

:cheers

Bill :)

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Hi Ian,

Is that a Ford pick up and is it a the John Day or someone else's? I've started getting some of the new JD kits from Daryle Toney and they're rather good.

http://johndaymodels.webplus.net/index.html for the uninitiated. Darlye is well known for his GWR road vehicle white metal kit-bashing. See some on  http://johndaymodels.webplus.net/index.html

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Hi Matt the next (centre) module will be the challenge for point control handles… watch this space… like your choice of Glen Juice… Glenlivitt for me but hey who's counting! .. cheers Ian
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Glenfarclas 105 has always done a good job, although Smokehead single Islay is an absolute sensation. Just sayin' ;-)

Bill

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Hi Bill yes I believe it's a John Day kit I bought them a long while ago. Eventually everything on the layout will be kit built /bashed and painted it's got to last me a long time. Isle of Ulay too peaty for my taste but it's subjective… slange!
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
As a frequent visitor to Islay I prefer a 12 year old Bowmore (mainly because I went round the distillery last year!)

Cheers
Ron

Proper Preparation makes for Perfect Performance!!

http://yourmodelrailway.net/view_topic.php?id=13331&forum_id=21

Posted
Rating:
Very jealous here Ron, as I'm a great fan of acquiring beverages directly from the producers, at the place of production. It brings you so much closer to the product and the people who's lives are so closely entwined with it. Glenfarclas was my first distillery visit.

Today, we live among dozens of vineyards, which makes life so much more happier. These people also know how to throw mean parties!

A votre santé,

Posted
Rating:
Never been a huge fan of the vino collapso, my favored tipple is the craft beers that keep appearing at my local hostelry, however since the diabetes took hold I only have the one or two otherwise I am unwell for days afterwards :cry:.

Cheers, Pete. 

it was already on fire when I got here, honest!

Posted
Rating:
Guest user

More scenics near the backdrop and (Bluetac) road crossing started, I'll leave it down to see if it contracts before covering it in scenic tarmac paper. I used the bluetac to allow me some flexibility … and because it was in a drawer … 'no dear haven't seen it' … ole'
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user

Road crossover and paddock fencing sorted

Module 1 nearly there, just got track/buffers to weather then repaint the figures and and a few odds and sods … y'know fiddling as you do. Visitors arriving today so mucho vino tinto will give it a rest until they've gone …ole'
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
I've now started on the buildings (Lcut station and Lcut small goods shed) for baseboard number 3 (St Michael' station scene) 100cm x 25cm. It probably sounds disconvolutionised but as number 2 the centre baseboard (engine shed/yard) has the most track it allows me a good degree of flexibility when lining up the track across the joints of all 3 boards. Also because of space restraints in our apartment each module has to be done separately.
Now the technical bit… mi soddin puter has got all sorts of gremlin issues so don't have Firefox (it keeps loading Spanish malware) which means for the time being I can only put piccys in my gallery and not my posts. This I will keep doing until the puter is fixed or… the other  one.

Ian
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Still got puter issues (that's the polite version) but have just posted the latest image of my Lcut station build in my gallery. I've  narrowed it from the original and will be fitting a full width canopy then fine detailing. Sunday so vino Mahou and footy.

Ian
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.