St Michael (nee San Miguel)

Posted
Rating:
Guest user

Revised Revised Layout

Hi Bill it'll look better with bushes and old rubbish, maybe even a burnt out wagon or 2
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Hopefully the wagons would have been reassigned before line closure, but how about a burnt and rusted out car, shopping trollies and the like?

Looking forward to see what vino tinto inspiration produces, I know now that it'll be good!

Bill :) 

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Hi Bill, it's a steam era layout so no shopping trolleys but got an old Langley car would suit…. god that tinto's good

Ian
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Just had the Grand Kids over..,.now they have gone.....God that Tinto is hitting the spot :mutley
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Banned
G'day Ian,

I have just read the entire thread and the layout is coming along very nicely. The job you have done on the 'Barrel Makers' factory is beautiful. Keep the great modelling coming. Looking foward to the scenics and the next module. :thumbs

Cheers, Gary.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
G'day/night? Gary many thanks for the encouraging remarks, I watch with vino tinto'd breath on the progress of your future 'O'guage project? Vino Matt? Not a a dram of Glen Juice?

Ian
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user

The first stage of the 'tube in groove' point control method. Basically the florist's wire is a very snug fit in the tube (from a very cheap plastic spray bottle) and a groove is cut into the cork/cardboard base. It then moves as a whole supported either side with braces, very quick and it works for me.You'll notice I'm not taking the rods to the edge as I know I will damage them as my board is constantly on the move, so I'm connecting the operating end to various movable features on the board to disguise them …or so I hope …
Ian
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user

The gatehouse is now complete (a relic from the building's days as a tobacco warehouse). Yard surface and lamps to complete as well as scenics and lots  of barrels … oh yes and the driver's days as a redhead are numbered … its Saturday so its vino tinto later, have a good weekend all (since posting the images I've moved the manager's office drain pipe towards the steps away from the truck … before toto spots it)

Ian
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Lovely bridge! And the yard is coming along well too. Your creativity has no bounds… As long as the Tinto doesn't run out!

Marty

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Thanks Marty unfortunately the bridge has had to go, it stuck out into space, the backdrop didn't suit. But hopefully it'll reappear on the station module. As for the tinto I'm just off to check stocks as its Saturday… !
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user

Yard lamps installed and yard surface/scenics almost complete, rails to address next …! ole'
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Nice, Ian.  :thumbs

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Thanks Max retirement and the forum are great motivators.

Ian
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user

I've changed the yard surface to cobbles so just need to weather them some more (water colour) add fencing, more barrels and  a couple of cows then a crossing over the track and paint the track plus finish the point controls. getting there ole' …more vino tinto missus …. (I didn't really say that)
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user

Something a little different; as I was worried about damaging the point control (tube in groove) handles and to add a bit of humour into the proceedings this particular rod is operated by moving the reclining cow, ole'
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
:mutley  :thumbs

Posted
Rating:
That's different, good idea!! :):)

Cheers
Ron

Proper Preparation makes for Perfect Performance!!

http://yourmodelrailway.net/view_topic.php?id=13331&forum_id=21

Posted
Rating:
Guest user

a. Arkwrights' the coal merchant delivering coke for the barrel hoop forge

b. One of a small fleet of trucks used to deliver the barrels to the local breweries, the workforce favour bikes.

c. Someone's left the gate open (yet to be modelled) whilst taking a shortcut. farmer Pitchfork and dog Rascal are on roundup. At least the gatehouse has enough coal for the stoves.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user

The 2nd point control handle (for the storage yard at the  rear of my 'Plonk') now sorted, its the cow behind the tree … ole'
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Hi Ian , loving the cow point levers lol. Clever idea !  Oh missed your comment re 'Glen juice'  Glenfiddich for me, A lovely smooth single malt , but when I'm out and about its a pint of best and at home a nice glass ( or three) of Red for me ta

Cheers

Matt
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.