Warley 2015

Posted
Rating:
Guest user

YMRC meet.

Hi Derek,

Always good to have recommendations. I'll look them up and consult with my co-pilot ( Matt ).

If anyone else wants picked up en-route let me know………. Now, did you say real ales ? :mutley

I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers

Toto
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
spurno is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Saturday seems the best day for most of us.I'll probably have to travel up and back on the same day.

Regards

Alan

Born beside the mighty GWR.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
No Worries, it's more faces on the day and less of a queue at the bar night :mutley

Cheers

Toto
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
You can count me in on that one, I must as I live in Birmingham :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Time flies by when I'm the driver of a train
And I ride on the footplate there and back again.
Cooper St.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Good man,

You'll be up for a beer as well then. ………. Gathering pace now. Before you know it …….. We'll be needing a function room. :mutley

Looking forward to it.

Toto
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
I might be interested in that suggestion:lol:

Cooper St.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Think it's a great idea so just suggested to my other 5/8ths that she might like to come over from Nerja to do a family pressent swap and Christmas shopping trip around the end of November, what a coincidence (says he glancing over his shoulder). Can't go firm yet but fingers crossed, can I bring my signal box goat?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Course you can .......... Might need milk for the tea.:mutley
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Thanks Toto in that case I may bring the goldfish too … ? … 'no dear I wasn't talking about you' … ! … silly old goat
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Fair enough ……… As long as it's potty trained.

:roll:

Toto
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
What about YMRC " T shirts "

The YMRC web address on the front and user name on the back.

Just an idea.

Toto
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
I can now say without fear of contradiction (future significant lottery wins excepted) that I cannot make it to Warley!  

I trust all those who do go will enjoy the event and each other's company also that the lesser-cleansed backpacker is conspicuous by his absence.  Always a male, I believe.

Rick
Layouts here and here

Posted
Rating:
Banned
C'mon now Rick, Toto's picking me up, so if you ask nicely, he might kindly swing past your house to pick you up… :mutley

Cheers, Gary.

Posted
Rating:
[user=1505]toto[/user] wrote:
What about YMRC " T shirts "

The YMRC web address on the front and user name on the back.

Just an idea.

Toto

Cooper St.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Nice Idea with the T shirts Tom. Not sure if the cost would be prohibitive with individual names on the back, but you never know these days. Not sure which would be better, as you described or the Ymr logo on the back , so you can put your own name ,if not too dear on the front or pin a name badge on if individual T shirts were too dear.  If a decent supplier was found ,willing to have the logo on file and do individual orders, then the details could be put in a thread and each of us place an order and pay for the size and quantity we want. Do you feel a T shirt design competition coming on ?:hmm

Cheers

Matt
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
I am up for a T shirt purchase no problems.
Design competition sounds interesting :hmm

Cooper St.

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
The T shirt idea is a good one but would there be enough to form a cost effective order.If not the alternative could be name badges.

Regards

Alan

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Just did a quick google and there are lots of online T shirt printing firms http://www.tshirtstudio.com does design your own @between £12 and £20 odd for a half decent T shirt ( usual disclaimer never used em so can only go by the online reviews ) so I would imagine if we can get a file with the Ymr site Addy available , it won't be hard at all to get some done. If Alan would rather approve anything printed with the Ymr logo then we would need to pick one company and have an ' approved design ' on file that members could order from ?  

P's they also do cheaper ones and I don't know how much postage would be as I didn't go in any further than the front page. Personally I would rather pay as little more and get something that would last ( probably order a couple at least )
Cheers

Matt
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
There's not much to approve really,there's only one logo.To add to Tom's suggestion i think YMRC logo on the front with the web address underneath and names on the back,either real names or usernames.

Regards

Alan

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Either that or we could all wear superman trunks over our troosers.

Nah ……… T Shirts it is.

I think we could all chuck in an idea or two and as said run it past Alan for approval. It could either be adopted as an official T Shirt  or if not maybe the design could be a bit more off the wall.

All idea's , comments, whatever.

Alan,

What's your initial thoughts on this as if you are not keen ……….. No problem. We could still do T Shirts without promoting YMRC if necessary.

Personally I think it's a good way to promote both the hobby and the Club. Maybe a fresh approach to the design may also promote the fun element and get rid of the old fart in a checked shirt buttoned up to the neck and a pair of hop sacks from readers digest.

Nothing radical just fun whilst retaining some professionalism.

Let the debate begin.:mutley

Cheers

Toto

PS if Alan wanted we could also have the web address leading to  the registering page thingy.
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.