Andrew Barclay 0-4-0 Shunter.

Posted
Rating:

first go at scratch building in brass.

Cheers Max, there are also springs, piping and tool boxes to fit on the running plate so over all there shouldn,t be that much of the motor left showing, hopefully.

Pete.

it was already on fire when I got here, honest!
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Great journey, keep it coming Pete.

cheers
Marty

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"

Posted
Rating:
This kind of thing is beautiful. To be able to scratchbuild a loco like that... Magnificent. Simply magnificent.

Posted
Rating:
Wonderful work Pete and your skilled scratch building skills turns this model into a joy as we follow its emergence from the workbench like a butterfly from the cocoon. As usual with master builders, you make things look easy and it's certainly appreciated. Very well done indeed and we all look forward to the remaining touches :thumbs

Bill :)  

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
Nice work. :thumbs:thumbs:thumbs

Terry

Posted
Rating:
I had a session in the shed doing some more on the brakes, I have made some more parts, the balance weight, the screw bracket, the bracket connecting the hand brake rod to the brakes them selves.

Ufortunatly things got a little out of shape whilst soldering up, as it took a couple of hours to assemble the parts I couldn,t face dismantling it all again so I invoke the 3 ft rule, it will do for me.

I have fitted the coupling bars between the brakes, so I now need to make the steam brake cylinder and connections and the sanding pipe work, then its the clean up and paint, then after that its back to the body work.

Cheers for now, Pete.  

Posted
Rating:
Bit more work done on the brakes, brake cylinder made and fitted, sanding pipes fitted, though I am not sure about the front ones, I,m not 100% sure they were fitted on the prototypes, still it isn,t a big job to get rid of them, the excess solder has been scraped off, the chassis cleaned, masked and painted.

Please excuse the bolt it was a handle for spraying.

Cheers for now, Pete.

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Excellent, Pete.  The paint really brings it to life.  :thumbs

Posted
Rating:
Agreed - it looks totally different with a lick of paint Pete - really heavy and solid looking. :thumbs

I'm envious. :mrgreen:

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Nothing like a coat of paint to bring it all together. Nice work..

Marty

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"

Posted
Rating:
Well its been around 6 months since my last post on this build and I apologise profusely, I haven,t been doing much modelling as most of my time has been spent on my vintage engines, the rally season is almost over for us so a reshuffle in the shed means I can get on with some more building stuff.  I have done a little more on the shunter, if I don,t get too distracted I may even get it finished shock horror!!!!

more work done on the body.

Hand rails fixed, back head fitted loosely, coal bunkers fitted, hand brake capstan loose fitted.

I will post up some more photos soon.

Cheers for now, Pete.

Posted
Rating:
That is coming along very nicely Pete.  Good to see loco modelling, and it does you great credit to take the time and effort to fabricate the components.

John

John

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Were you at the Ashwell show last weekend Pete?  It could have been you but i was not sure.

reg

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Verra narse, Pete.  :thumbs

Posted
Rating:
Thank you chaps :).    No sorry Reg, I was at Telford for the Gauge O Guild show.

Pete.

Posted
Rating:
wow Pete! It's coming together beautifully!

- Darius

Posted
Rating:
Very nice Pete.  :thumbs

Terry

Posted
Rating:
Thanks Darius, Col Stephens, a little more done to the backhead.

And in situ, looking the part now.

Cheers, Pete.

Posted
Rating:
I have done some more tonight, I was having trouble with fixing down the saddle tank but allowing me to remove it for painting, any way I have come up with this solution, I soldered a nut to the top of the boiler, drilled through the tank where the water filler sits and made a filler with a loose lid, once shes been painted I will fix the lid with some blutack or similar.

I have also made the sand boxes, reversing bar and injector pipeing.

The buffers are the second set I purchaced as the first ones I managed to glue on wonky, but I prefer these as they are corrct for the loco and have nice big buffer heads, well I like em anyway.

Thats it for now, cheers, Pete.  

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Looks good, Pete.  :thumbs

It's interesting to watch these model builds.  You can see how these old guys worked their way through the design and what their thinking was.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.