Bachmann class 08 sound project

Posted
Rating:

What's the script

Peter,

Thanks for the kind words, but it's simply that I've had more time to practice.

Now if only those 'Master Hands' could operate a camcorder steadily and drive a loco at the same time, I'd be laughing.

Kind regards,

Paul
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Tom,

I will be uploadng a Class 25 clip shortly, I'll post the link when it's live.

It's actually in a Farish N Gauge loco (just because you can, Lol) but the sound will give you a good idea of what to expect.

Obviously, in a 00 loco with a bigger speaker, the quality of the sound will be even better.

Kind regards,

Paul

Posted
Rating:
:mutley:mutley:mutley

At least you can operate the loco Paul - I don't seem very proficient at either the loco or the camera …………..:cry:

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Hi Paul

Thanks, I'll keep an eye open for it. Or should I say ……. An ear open for it.
If you have anything for a 37 …… Be my guest.

I am interested in all three.

Cheers
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Here we go, this is N gauge remember.

Kind regards,

Paul

Posted
Rating:
Banned
That sound is great, not to mention that it is the same 08 I own. I look forward to the Hornby article. :thumbs Thanks for posting.

Cheers, Gary.

Posted
Rating:
[user=6]Petermac[/user] wrote:
Mine's the Hornby version which I'm still learning to "drive".  It has, as Paul said, many more extremely impressive sounds - I didn't include that "dab of power" to get her moving before the motor coasts in my video, nor the brake sounds to bring her to a halt ………….. :oops:

Very impressive in the hands of a "master" Paul. :thumbs:thumbs

Peter you will be fine once you get the 'L' plates off!

Posted
Rating:
[user=1797]Michael Patterson[/user] wrote:
Mine's the Hornby version which I'm still learning to "drive".  It has, as Paul said, many more extremely impressive sounds - I didn't include that "dab of power" to get her moving before the motor coasts in my video, nor the brake sounds to bring her to a halt ………….. :oops:

Very impressive in the hands of a "master" Paul. :thumbs:thumbs

Peter you will be fine once you get the 'L' plates off!
Maybe Michael but it's an "L" of a learning curve for one who's more used to "burning rubber" ………….:mutley:mutley 

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
I love the sound of that Class 25. :thumbs

I've got the Bachmann version with factory fitted chip but it needs re-blowing because they got the timings wrong. :oops:  I think there was a bad batch that got through their QC - the loco revs up and moves off before the brakes are released ………….:shock::shock:  I suspect that's why it wasn't particularly expensive for a sounded loco ………….:roll::roll:

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
I must be lucky then Peter as my Bachmann Class 25 sounds OK moving off, really pleased with the sound although I must see if I can tweek the CV to make the horn a bit louder!!:)

Cheers
Ron

Last edit: by g0ibi

Proper Preparation makes for Perfect Performance!!

http://yourmodelrailway.net/view_topic.php?id=13331&forum_id=21

Posted
Rating:
As I said Ron, I did read or hear somewhere that a bad batch had slipped through the net.  I know one other guy who has the same problem but I'd guess they sorted it pretty quickly but maybe didn't withdraw those already in the shops …………..

It's just the start timing that's the problem, all the other sounds are fine although I wouldn't rave about the dreadful horn noise the real thing made ……………not sure what they used but "proper" air horns would have sounded much better :roll:

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
As I said Ron, I did read or hear somewhere that a bad batch had slipped through the net.  I know one other guy who has the same problem but I'd guess they sorted it pretty quickly but maybe didn't withdraw those already in the shops …………..

It's just the start timing that's the problem, all the other sounds are fine although I wouldn't rave about the dreadful horn noise the real thing made ……………not sure what they used but "proper" air horns would have sounded much better :roll:
I started out with a sound fitted Bachmann Class 37 with SWD sounds, I had the same problems, it was impossible to drive prototypically. Tried lots of different CV values which did very little, in the end I contacted 'South West Digital' for some advice which proved to be a waste of time.

As my fleet of 37s increased I changed to Zimo Multidrive 37s and couldn't believe what I had missing out on.

Michael

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
The Farish class 25 sounds really good as well.

I think that will be my next move after the 08. I am awaiting the release of the Hornby mag before making my move on the 08 and then it will be the class 25.

Excellent stuff.

Cheers

Toto
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.