TO36 [Edwardian] School Building

Posted
Rating:
Very neat Doug - what are you going to do with it now it is complete? Be good to see it in situ. Your efforts to sharpen up the edges have really paid off. A great tip.

Regards
Bob
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Words fail me Doug (well almost :lol:)

I doubt very much if John Wiffen could possibly improve on that.

I have always admired and enjoyed your building threads. The mill for would be a prime example. The difference this time is you took a kit basically out of the box and showed us with great patience and detailed helpful advice how it could be built…………….perfectly.

I am not sure which is the more worthy of praise…..the model or the tutorial……..both are splendid. I cannot thank you enough

I hope you both (plus Bisto?) have a great trip to the Loire

Best wishes

John
Granby III
Lenz DCC,RR&Co Gold V10 A4 Windows 10

Posted
Rating:
Brilliant work Doug. Thoroughly enjoyed the whole thread.
Looking forward to the next one!!

Shaun.

Posted
Rating:
John said, "I have always admired and enjoyed your building threads. The mill for would be a prime example."

Not wishing to detract from Doug's superb modelling, but do you mean this mill?

:lol::lol::lol:

Terry

Posted
Rating:
Hi Terry

Not that one although that was also an exquisite model. There is a photo on the sidebar for Doug's old layout Bears End.  If I recall it took a couple of years to make and there are many pages covering the various stages on the layout thread.

It now graces Petermac's Maxmill Junction……………………the lucky b****r :mrgreen::lol:

Regards

John
Granby III
Lenz DCC,RR&Co Gold V10 A4 Windows 10

Posted
Rating:
Ah, apologies John and Doug. I missed that build. :oops:

I must go back and look for it. Always lots to learn from Doug's tutorials.

Terry

Posted
Rating:
Thank you all for the kind words, and sight of that cracking building, Terry, I've missed that one…

Ed, yes, just going to Guérdelon to look, although I will ask about working parties for later in the year, but currently I'm all of a tizzy thinking about a 'happy' Max!

Bob, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it now that Bear's End has been scrapped, that long wall along the back could lend itself to several different rear entrances/accesses.

I really must get down to designing and building a sector plate for New End and get that under way again, I seem to have stalled on that path.

John, Bisto is fine, looking forward to the trip, but currently suffering the indignity of a thorough 'tick inspection' after each walk as it is that time again, I found one on my leg last night, his bed is under my desk…

Poop-poop!

Doug

Last edit: by Chubber

'You may share the labours of the great, but you will not share the spoil…'  Aesop's Fables

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

In the land of the slap-dash and implausible, mediocrity is king
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.