Olpharts Crossing

Posted
Rating:
#190276 (In Topic #10647)
Inactive Member
My shunting plank layout has RailRoad & Co software and the vans have decoders which allow remote control uncoupling.

The locos are all fitted with Loksound decoders.

Also, the loco shed has a Loksound decoder inside, which plays relevant workshops sounds at various times.

So far I have made movies of the shunting part of the operation.  The two movies record the two halves of the exercise; heavily edited to include the salient parts, but to remove gratuitous running between the stops.  It was necessary to do this to fit the movies into the 15 minute time limit allowed on YouTube.

The movie of the Schedules involving the other locos and the shed are currently in production.  I will post it as soon as it's done.

I thought members might like to see the result of my work of the last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DByzsZ8-xQs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9BvdhmYh00

There is a slight overlap at the start of the second movie.  Watch for the movement of the loco and the coupler closing right at the start.

It's close to a half an hour, so you might need to open a bottle of something.  :lol:  :cool:

I must acknowledge the immense help I've had, particularly from John Dew, Dave Pearson and Pete Waugh.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Oh.  I forgot to mention that the movies were shot using an iPhone 5.  The originals look great, but after uploading to YouTube, they've developed some quality issues.  :lol:

Posted
Rating:
Thats very civil of you Max………it was a pleasure:lol:

I am certainly going to open a bottle of something :cheers:cheers:cheers

John
Granby III
Lenz DCC,RR&Co Gold V10 A4 Windows 10

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
I appreciate the amount of work that went into that  display,well done and thanks for showing, :doublethumb
:thumbs:thumbs;-):cool:

my webcam link 6.19.184.67:8080

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Thanks, Owen.  :thumbs

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Great videos Max. Some lovely slow running , well impressed ! Ummm where's Kate Winslet ?  Toto promised me Kate!   

Cheers

Matt
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Thanks, Matt.  Kate was holding the iPhone.  :lol:

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Awwww Max.  Not even a selfie ???   Ya spoil sport no Max. MAX NO !! I meant of Kate…..too late he's posted one "in the buff ":roll:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
:mutley

Posted
Rating:
Banned
Fantastic to the max ! Love the sounds and the dcc Kadees are an excellent addition. :thumbs

Cheers, Gary.

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Thanks, Gary.  :cheers

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYwN72rJGqA

This is the third section of the programme.  Two locos run between the fuel depot and the loco shed.

There is a Loksound decoder inside the shed.  At the start, the two outside lights are switched on and the inside lights come on as the first loco waits for clearance to enter.

The decoder also plays the sounds of hammering and grinding as repairs are made.  Sound spill from the two way radio in the red loco can be heard as it stops in the shed.

I've edited out the long delays to make the movie a bit more bearable.  These delays break up the parts - and when the shunting is in operation, gives a counter point.  They are small distractions designed to make it a bit more textured and interesting.

At the times when they are running alongside each other, it looks excellent - if I may say so myself.  :lol:

At the end of the sequence, the lights in the shed are switched off; and then switched back on after a long delay when it starts again.

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
as before,like the shed sounds,but where are the welders??? mine still work ok,
:thumbs;-):cool:

my webcam link 6.19.184.67:8080

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Thanks, Owen.  I've already got two welders elsewhere.  I thought that another one would be a bit much.  :lol:

Posted
Rating:
Banned
:doublethumb Double thumbs up !

The radio chatter is a nice addition :thumbs. I recall when the AMRA in Sydney displayed their O gauge layout at Liverpool, that their big American locos had the similar driver/train controller chatter going on. It was a pity that the chatter was happening during every lap of the roundy roundy and not just occassionally. I suppose you need to keep the crowds entertained, although it was quite impressive to say the least.

Cheers, Gary.

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Thanks, Gary.  Now I'm looking forward to doing some scenery.  :cool:

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Excellent work Max. Looking forward to the scenic version. Don't forget the pigeons and seagulls.

I'm old, that's why I'm allowed to change my mind, when I can find it.

My Website: index

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Thanks, Mick.  I'll try to remember.  :lol:

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Great video again Max…lovely smooth running. Your trackwork looks spot on

Cheers

Matt
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Thanks, Matt.  YouTube is very kind.  :lol:
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.