Upgrading 00Works L&Y Saddle Tank 0-6-0ST

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
[user=565]Brossard[/user] wrote:
I thought it might be useful for you to see one of these things.  They really are the bees knees.

John

:) :) Hi John Thanks,Highlevel will be on my 2015 shopping list.

Have a good Christmas and a better New Year.

Regards,

Derek.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Happy Christmas to all and I look forward to our discussions in the New Year.
John

John

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Just a quick post John,I need to get some Gibson driver wheels to finish off that Jinty chassis.Have you had any direct dealings with Gibsons ?.
Oh they are developing ready quartered wheels and axles or at least they are a lot closer to getting them on the market.
Cheers,
Derek.

Posted
Rating:
Not recently Derek, but I found Colin to be helpful in the past.  Good to hear that self quartering wheels are on the drawing board - a great step forward.

John

John

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Thanks for that info John.I shall phone him next week when things are back to normal after the festive season.Plus I can push him regarding self quartering drivers.The more of us who inquire might help to speed things up ?.
How are things going on your builds.
Cheers,
Derek.

Posted
Rating:
I haven't done much this week - too many distractions, so I've been a bit lazy.  I have been tinkering with my Jubilee and will post some pictures soon.

John

John

Posted
Rating:
I've also been working on this project since I think I have all the bits.
First order of business was to disassemble the chassis that had been made for EM and reassemble to 00.  This entailed arranging a compensating beam.  That has been done and the chassis painted waiting for me to add the motor/gearbox and - shudder - pickups/wipers.
Next I turned my attention to the body.  It really is quite well done and I can't fault the detail other than bare buffer beams.  If I can find a picture of these I will add rivet detail using Archer transfers.
The other thing that bugged me was the cab interior which is not good at all.  I did find a picture of a Class 25 cab (0-6-0 tender loco) and that was useful in making a representation of the backhead detail:
This is a cruel closeup but it looks ten times better than the original.  The cab is enclosed and with the crew in, you can't see much detail anyway.  The idea is that the viewer can look in and see something that resembles a backhead.  I don't think anyone will better Bachmann's backheads - wouldn't it be marvellous if we could buy those separately?
I used bits of brass tube, copper wire and styrene rod.  The regulator handle is original.  The handwheels are from a Mainly Trains cab detailing etch.
John

John

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.