Scalescenes Cargo Ship

Posted
Rating:

Building a ship in card.

Hi Dooferdog

Jim! You're a WAFU! I thought you were in the Andrew!
Yup! and proud of it. Wasn't too popular with the fisheads aboard the Naiad that I was the only one with the qualifications needed to take the ships boats away under sail or that I was the only one who had the coxswains certificate and did not need to be cleared to take the ships wheel.:mutley:mutley:mutley:mutley

Regards
Jim

PS I was also the only one to have crewed in the Tall Ships Race.

Last edit: by The Bankie

Because, except in some unfortunate circumstances, trains did not run on town centre streets
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Poop-poop!!!

D

Last edit: by Chubber

'You may share the labours of the great, but you will not share the spoil…'  Aesop's Fables

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

In the land of the slap-dash and implausible, mediocrity is king

Posted
Rating:
Sorry the photos were missing Jim.  My fault, I was having a bit of a clean-up in 'my gallery'.  They have now been restored to this thread.

Currently the cargo boat is sitting on a shelf in my railway shed whilst I tackle other projects.  I hope to continue the build at a later date.

Terry

Posted
Rating:
Hi Terry

Firstly sorry about the hijacking of the thread. It was Petermac's fault! Honest!!:roll:

Thanks for replacing the pictures. It shows what a great job you are doing. I might consider it as an exhibition model if nothing else, or, perhaps print it off at N gauge so that it will fit. I did start designing a P.S. Waverley in 4mm from official drawings but that ran into the same snag. I know she was only a Clyde ferry but at 350 feet I get a 1.4 metre vessel and I can't reduce the scale to N as she is a known vessel.
Hmmmm now Kingswear Castle ( a river Dart steamer) is a lot smaller. I wonder?:hmm

I think your colour problem may be caused by using a different paper/card to your original, or, changing the setting on the printer or even changing to CMYK printout from RGB. It's all in there on the printer settings. I try to use CMYK because, as the song says, black is black and not mixed up (so that you use more ink) from the other colours. You can never guarantee the shade of the ink cartridge as so many variables come into it.

Still, your best plan is to say that that is as far as the re-paint has got to and stick a couple of painters over the side on a cats cradle.:mutley

Regards

Jim

Because, except in some unfortunate circumstances, trains did not run on town centre streets

Posted
Rating:
[user=1339]The Bankie[/user] wrote:
Hi Terry

Still, your best plan is to say that that is as far as the re-paint has got to and stick a couple of painters over the side on a cats cradle.:mutley

Regards

Jim

That's not a daft idea. is it?  An original cameo is a good cameo and I have never seen that before on a model/diorama. When it comes to tying it alongside I'm sure you'll do it properly too, breast ropes and springs etc. Sounds like Jim could help, and as a part-time ring-bolt kicker I could add my five penn'orth.

Doug

Last edit: by Chubber

'You may share the labours of the great, but you will not share the spoil…'  Aesop's Fables

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

In the land of the slap-dash and implausible, mediocrity is king

Posted
Rating:
Could even splice up a couple of cables using thin twine and put back splices on them for eyes. Mind you, at 00 I would need several attempts and my trusty magnifying desk lamp.:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

Jim

Posted
Rating:
Hi Guys
Now I'm really stuffed.  :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: That miserable sod John Wiffen has brought out a "Clyde Puffer" and he knows I am modelling Glasgow trams and have a dock on the layout.

Regards
Jim

Yes I have already got it. No I wont be starting it yet but it JUST might fit.

Posted
Rating:
I am just finishing the Clyde puffer kit, thought I would try it to see how my scratchbuilt one compares.

There are a few areas where you need to make sure the 2mm thick card thickness is correct or you will get alignment errors, but apart from that it makes up nicely although fiddly in some parts.

Cheers

Andy
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.