Glen Ogle ( narrow gauge ) light railway.

Posted
Rating:

009 model railway.

:lol::lol:

Neat article, stunning viaduct! Tremendous atmosphere.

Keep it coming.

Marty

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Good morning Toto, re the above post.

The caravan site you refer to, is it the one that occupies the old Balquider junction station site just before Lochearnhead, or the one past the road junction to Killin and on towards Crianlaric?
Regards,

BrianT.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
It's the one at the luib about 5 miles short of Crianlarich. There is a story about it on the internet where the previous owner tried to kill his wive by locking her in the site cottage with a load of industrial strength fireworks. He then set fire to it. It did not work …….. He did not get the insurance to fund his affair with a younger model from the village of Killin and instead got about 10 years for his troubles.

Small sleepy village eh …….. Never a dull moment.

Cheers

Toto
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
The eyewitness report above shows that there has been a lot of activity around the site of the new Lochearnhead station as the following pictures show.
The model of the Marquee below, is made from printing paper.

Photo bucket is playing up, more later when I'm not as frazzled.

Regards, BrianT.

Last edit: by gtmspyder

Posted
Rating:
Well the bucket seems to be cooperating today, so to continue:-

This shows a picture of the completed paper Marquee.

And placed on the layout in one of two locations for the big event, either in the station car park.

Or on the platform?

I am expecting a lot of passengers, but they have yet to turn up for the occasion, meanwhile you might like to get you binocular's out and peruse the hillside above the station.

The top seems to have had a lot of rain, and the small burn is in spate, with the water running down the rock face.

The small loch on the top has filled up and the excess is tumbling down near the tunnel mouth catching any passengers with there heads out of the windows with a surprise shower.

But it is doing the lush new static grass the world of good at the trackside.

That's about it for this episode folks, let me know which location for the Marquee before I model the holding down spikes and guy ropes.

Regards,

BrianT.

Posted
Rating:

Posted
Rating:
Car Park every time.

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Car park

Toto
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Some more progress while the debate goes on as to Marquee position.
It has been pointed out to me on another forum, that any structure has to be 6ft from the platform edge , now for those favouring a car park site, this is academic, but I still have not made my mind up as to the position, so here are some more pictures bearing that in mind.  The car park looks very cluttered with the Marquee there?

Where as the platform position, with the Marquee turned through 180deg, looks more realistic.

Two prospective passengers wait for the festivities to begin.

And a lone train lover, selects a suitable but less crowded spot to watch the trains go by.

More later.
BrianT

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Hi Brian.

Either or. They both look good. I like the 180 degree turn opening out into the car park. As you say it does look very realistic and prevents stragglers wandering to close to the track.

Looks fantastic.

I took delivery of three pieces of cork bark the other day. The markings are perfect for rock faces. I took the time to study the natural form of it and you are correct, don't go jumping to use it " straight " as you can use the direction of the bark to make better use of the one of features that each piece offers. Any off cuts can be used as small out crops so nothing goes to waste.

Really good stuff.

Cheers

Toto.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Ed is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Not sure that 6ft rule applies to all narrow gauge lines Brian, but someone on here should know.

(Anyway, there's always 'modellers license.)

The marquee looks spot on against the car park fence :thumbs

Figures look good, did you paint them yourself?

Ed

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Just noticed that the holiday advertisement on the side of the station building is for Glencoe. It even has a picture of the Buchille  ( The Great Herdsman ) on it. Fantastic. It is one of only two munros  that I have climbed the Ptarmigan being the other, and once you are up there, …….. There is nowhere else in the world you'd rather be. Beautiful, beautiful location. Very soul cleansing experience.

Views out over Ranoch moor, up as far as the Ballahuilish bridge, Glen Coe itself, up Glen Etive and over and up the Devils Staircase.

Now you are in Scotland.

Thanks for posting

Cheers

Toto
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
The figures have all been painted using artists acrylics Ed, and there many more in the studio, but they all need a pin up one leg or there backsides.
The station was a very fortuitous buy from Ebay Toto, it just looked small enough for the site, and it was a pleasant surprise. when it arrived through the post, to find two poster views of Scotland, one on each end, it would have been more appropriate if the rail line advertised had been the LMS, but hey ho, it was a good buy, and a lick of paint in Caledonian colours, looked the part.
But, to continue with some other new features on the layout.

On the hill top above Lochearnhead station, a local shepherd starts to gather in his flock with his dog "Milo".

With a fine view of the station.

And the surrounding countryside.

Regards,
BrianT.

Posted
Rating:
Here is Lochearnhead station looking a bit like Kings Cross with all the local populace claiming there free rides up Glen Ogle.

The red Land Rover Post bus in the car park, has just delivered several more from villages farther afield at Strathyre and Balquider.

lorry

The lorry behind the post bus has just delivered more liquid  sustenance for the refreshment Marquee.

The hospitality marquee continues to be a popular attraction.

That's about it for this visit,

Regards,

BrianT.

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.