Hornby Ivatt Std. Class 2 locomotive

Posted
Rating:
#290148 (In Topic #21876)
I said elsewhere that I had ordered this locomotive from my favoured German supplier.  Amazingly, the delivered price was only a few cents dearer than the sterling equivalent but coming from within the EU, it didn't attract duty or customs handling charges which can be quite eye-watering.

Having read several reviews of the loco prior unsealing my wallet, I knew she'd look nice but had some reservations about the running capabilities.

I've only run her in for now - on DC of course (I'm awaiting delivery of some Zimo "starter" MX600 decoders which will suffice until there's a proper sound file available for it).

No doubt you've read reviews on the loco but I'd concur - she really is an excellent looking model with plenty of detail and seems to run well on the rolling road.

I do have a video of it on the rolling road but can't find the "Insert Image" icon so no idea how to post it !!

'Petermac
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Go to 'reply' and scroll down to 'attachments', Peter.

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Ed is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
It's better (and saves storage costs) Peter, if you just publish the video on YouTube and paste the 'Share'  link into your post.

It's actually easier than the old site.

Ed

Posted
Rating:
HI all

I have one of these courtesy of a birthday and Mrs M.  Lovely looking thing and a beautiful runner.  My only problem is that I would love more than 1 but the price is   :07rolleyes_2:

Shed dweller, Softie Southerner and Meglomaniac
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.