Hattons bought.

Posted
Rating:
#289889 (In Topic #21853)
Breaker of Things
breakage is in the usergroup ‘Administrators’
Probably old news to most but for those who haven't seen it.

https://www.railadvent.co.uk/2024/03/hattons-model-railway-brand-bought-by-sheffield-company.html

Signatures? Where we're going we don't need no stinking signatures!
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Ed is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
From what I read, I think Rails are going to try and keep the Hattons models database going, which is good news as I've found it very useful.

Ed

Posted
Rating:
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm being bombarded with advertising from Rails - so much so that I'm considering "unsubscribing".

It's one thing to send out mail shots but I'm getting one almost every day and sometimes twice a day.  It's becoming annoying.

However, bravo for keeping the Hattons Database going - lets hope they're as good at is as Hattons were.

On that subject, I wonder what actually triggered the demise Hattons - I understand they've also closed their US outlet MB Klein, for now at least ……..

It does seem odd that probably the largest UK model railway retailer buys a large US outlet then totally shuts up shop less than 4 months later ……………Did someone get their sums wrong I wonder or did our wonderful supportive bankers get cold feet ?

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
It would be really good if they use the old Hattons site with their name on it, although it won't make much difference to me as I've got just about all I need… a nice LSWR P class might tempt me, but then I'd have to have a sound decoder too. No I say, NO, well maybe.

Cheers Pete.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.