Slow forum

Posted
Rating:
I've noticed it's taking ages for things to load up.

Is it the software, the host or what.   My fear is, members will lose interest and we'll just fade away.

Are we trying to get something for nothing here and therefore, do we need to find some funds ?

(On edit - actually, that was quite good - 7 seconds to post the above.  If it's a cache clearing problem, is there any way that can be done automatically rather than wait for complaints ?

'Petermac
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
I think I spoke too soon - I've just posted on Claus's Wombat Creek site and it took 23 seconds to appear ……………………..

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
I have just returned to the club after a break to move house and find that loading time varies randomly.  Pages can open in seconds or can take over the 30-second default timeout on my machine.  Likewise uploading posts.  It has been this way for some time and as others say the same any problem isn't at this end.  It's a quirk of the club though it can be a frustrating one at times.  

Rick
Layouts here and here

Posted
Rating:
Exactly as you are, Rick. I've just posted and it went through in about 5 seconds. No telling how long this one'll take.

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
5 seconds.

Cheers Pete.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.