New range of Un-wrapped building kits

Posted
Rating:
#287844 (In Topic #21662)

Scale Model Scenery UW range

Scale Model Scenery.co.uk have recently launched a new, expanding, range of un-wrapped kits. These are designed to allow you to add an individual finish to the buildings, using either paper, embossed plasticard, or simply paint.

The kits are either low-relief, or full-bodied, and are supplied with all the necessary details including doors and frames, windows and frames, relief brickwork, downspouts, and either a solid roof or trusses. This enables you to finish the building as you require, but still benefit from the accurate, laser cut mdf kit parts  that Scale Model Scenery has become renowned for .

These low-relief or full bodied kits are based on real prototypes, which can be found in many locations throughout the UK.

Initially, the kits are only available in single Scales, but the intention is for the range to include 2mm, TT-120 and 4mm scales, with the option of 7mm or other scales as requested.

Looe Warehouse:
UW2001-OO Dockside Warehouse OO Scale Laser Cut Model Building Kit (1).jpg https://www.scalemodelscenery.co.uk/uw2001-oo-large-dockside-warehouse-scratch-building-kit—oo–4mm–176-13890-p.asp

Terraced House:
4.jpg
https://www.scalemodelscenery.co.uk/uw2002-modular-terraced-house-kit—n–2mm–1148-13920-p.asp

Large Town House:
rmweb_image.jpg
https://www.scalemodelscenery.co.uk/uw2003-n-low-relief-large-georgian-town-house—n–2mm–1148-14218-p.asp

Hayle Chapel:
UW2008-N Low Relief Chapel N Gauge (2).jpg
https://www.scalemodelscenery.co.uk/uw2008-n-low-relief-hayle-chapel—n–2mm–1148-14341-p.asp

I have no connection to Scale Model Scenery (other than being employed there 2 days per week and designing all the UW  range of building kits ).

Stubby47's Bespoke Model Buildings All photos I post are ©Stu Hilton, but are free for use by anyone.

Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Thanks for posting Stu:

These look like they will be useful models.  From the photos they appear to need quite a lot of filling to get the wall joints smooth.

As for covering, I have been building a number of Lcut kits for my 7mm layout and using Scalescenes elements (bricks and roof tiles for example) to cover them.  This gives me buildings that are consistent in style.

I will watch with interest for the 7mm versions.

John

John

Posted
Rating:
Item has a rating of 5 (Liked by Claus EllefLiked by Ed)
A test build of a small chapel.

UW2010-N

20231002_132121~3.jpg

Stubby47's Bespoke Model Buildings All photos I post are ©Stu Hilton, but are free for use by anyone.

Posted
Rating:
They do look interesting Stu and, from experience, tough as nails !!

A good move on their part to supply the carcase leaving the modeller to do the decor.  I'm currently exploring low relief and ultra low relief options so will have a look at their offerings.  Having said that, post- Brexit costs could well limit my options !!!

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Item has a rating of 5 (Liked by Ed)
Hi Peter,
We've just also launched this : N Gauge Terraced Houses / Cottages Laser Cut Building Kit - UW2002-N - Scale Model Scenery
and there is a matching house due out (possibly this coming weekend).

I've also created a short diorama with four of the low relief buildings: Modelling A Low Relief N Gauge Street Scene

(Edit: the 1st link is correct, but seems to be incorrectly described).

Posted
Rating:
Nice buildings Stu and an even better street scene.

It's the "OO" Gauge ones that interest me but I fear the french customs guys will want their pound of flesh which will make them quite pricey over here. 

'Petermac
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.