A loose rendition of Wadebridge.

Posted
Rating:
Item has a rating of 1

Umpteenth attempt at uploading.

I'm still plodding along and have now decided that this is a bit like Wadebridge. Certainly no scale model.   I've made a video and posted it on you tube for anyone that's interested. Still a long way to go , but it's slowly getting there. Hope you like it.

Last edit: by peterm

Cheers Pete.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Posted
Rating:
Thanks, Ed. Plenty in front of me.

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
Looks good to me!  Looking forward to see how the layout progresses.

Terry

Posted
Rating:
Thanks, Terry. I'm still happier working on loco's, fitting decoders, setting them up and so on, but I'm gradually getting through the scenery.

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
Agree, steady progress and looks like a railway. If you are liking it… it's a win.

Keep it coming.

cheers

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"

Posted
Rating:
Thanks, Marty. I'd like to get a fair bit more done before summer rears it's ugly head.

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
Well I've been a busy bee doing ballasting. I've now done all of the scenic side, but won't bother with the storage yards. I decided to do all the points and crossings first so the plain track was easier.

I had a large tub of granite N gauge ballast that went well until it ran out. I still had plenty of Woodlands scenics N gauge stuff that's turned out not so good. I don't know what it's made of but it had more than a few coyote sized boulders in it. I shudder to think how anyone would get on with it if they used it for N gauge.

Anyway, It was one of those jobs like painting a house.. just keep plodding on until it's finished.

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
I believe WS ballast is crushed walnut shells Pete.  I suppose you could put the stuff through a sieve of some sort if you could find the right holes size.  A mortar and pestle could be used to make the stuff even finer.  I used medium, ie: 00 ballast for my 0 gauge layout.  Mostly WS but I don't recall getting lumps.

John

John

Posted
Rating:
I'm glad to say that it's all behind me now, and most of the ballast was granite. I thought of the sieve but as you say, finding the right size holes…

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:

peterm said

I'm glad to say that it's all behind me now, and most of the ballast was granite. I thought of the sieve but as you say, finding the right size holes…

Hi Pete,

Can we have a photo or two, please.

Cheers,
Claus

Cheers,
Claus
www.flickr.com/photos/ellef/

Posted
Rating:
Item has a rating of 5 (Liked by Claus Ellef)
Ballast-4-.jpg Ballast-3-.jpg Ballast-2.jpg Here you are, Claus. Still plenty of ground cover and other scenery to go.

Ballast-1-.jpg

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
That is all looking good Pete.  I like your neat ballast.  Impressive track layout.

John

John

Posted
Rating:

Posted
Rating:
Thanks, John and Ed. It's a painstaking job but worth it.

Cheers Pete.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.