Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Ed is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’

The year is 1963 somewhere in Victoria, Australia

Claus Ellef said

No 5, Golden Mile

Not much to remark about no. 5, the number engraved in the glass above the entrance door.

Like that Claus, is that some sort of scribed plastic?

Ed
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Ed said

Claus Ellef said

No 5, Golden Mile

Not much to remark about no. 5, the number engraved in the glass above the entrance door.

Like that Claus, is that some sort of scribed plastic?

Ed

Hi Ed,

Like the rest of the windows the about the door 'glass' is printed on clear plastic labels using a ink jet printer.

Cheers,
Claus
www.flickr.com/photos/ellef/

Posted
Rating:
Item has a rating of 5 (Liked by SRman)

Posted
Rating:
Item has a rating of 5 (Liked by Ed)
No. 7, Golden Mile

wct 240111g.jpg
It is afternoon and Mrs. Nelson is in her garden reading a gardening book. She needs some ideas for planting along the south facing wall. How do we know it is afternoon? Look at the sunflowers. They are facing towards north west and the sun. Which leaves us with a conundrum. The sunflowers are quite mature for the time of the year. The date is Sunday the 7th of October.

wct 190910-1.jpg How could we know? Well, a worker at the tram shed is reading about Geelong's defeat of Hawthorn in the Grand Final the day before. Okay, just a not quite right detail!

Cheers,
Claus

Posted
Rating:
Interesting observations Claus - I love these little in-built tales.

However, contrary to popular belief, sunflowers don't actually follow the sun - whilst they do move a bit, the norm is that they face the rising sun. 😴

I remember discussing them with a friend here….if they always face the sun,  at what time during the night/morning, do they snap back from west to east (or in your case, east to west).  Do they do it suddenly at dawn in which case, they could break their necks or do they discuss the situation during the night and from memory know they need to do an about turn before dawn - a bit like vampires ……

I study them in detail when they grow in the field adjacent to our house and not a sound of chatter nor heads snapping through 180 degrees at dawn …
.🤪

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:

Petermac said

Interesting observations Claus - I love these little in-built tales.

However, contrary to popular belief, sunflowers don't actually follow the sun - whilst they do move a bit, the norm is that they face the rising sun. 😴

I remember discussing them with a friend here….if they always face the sun,  at what time during the night/morning, do they snap back from west to east (or in your case, east to west).  Do they do it suddenly at dawn in which case, they could break their necks or do they discuss the situation during the night and from memory know they need to do an about turn before dawn - a bit like vampires ……

I study them in detail when they grow in the field adjacent to our house and not a sound of chatter nor heads snapping through 180 degrees at dawn …
.🤪

I also read that young flowers follow the sun  but older ones always face the morning sun.

And even here in Australia the sun sets in west😉. The midday sun is in the north though.

Cheers,
Claus

Posted
Rating:
Item has a rating of 5 (Liked by SRman)
All done

wct 240203.jpg
With the cast iron lace installed above the first floor and the second floor the terraced houses are finished. Still need a fence along the footpath.

Cheers,
Claus

Posted
Rating:

Posted
Rating:
Item has a rating of 5 (Liked by Ed)
Last update from the Golden Mile

wct 240216.jpg
The terraced houses are finished with front fences and steps down. A tree gives some shade for the roses in Mrs. Paterson's garden.

Cheers,
Claus

Posted
Rating:
Love it !!

'Petermac
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.