Welcome to our new forum Software

Posted
Rating:
#286901 (In Topic #21563)
Site staff
Barchester is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’

Got A question or suggestion?

Hi ! 

Well he finally went and did it :o  Ok it's not THAT scary :mutley  Go explore and try things out. If ya don't  know how it works and can't  figure it out ? Come back here and ask away.
We will do our best to figure it out and give you the answer. Also, at the top of the page on the blue banner you will see a ' Help and FAQ' Button. Breakage has popped in a few quick answers in there, and as we get more questions and answers here, we can add then in TO  the FAQ's

Now go explore (yes we know some bits are a bit broke, we have a list :lol:)

Cheers

Matt

Wasnie me, a big boy did it and ran away

"Why did you volunteer ? I didn't Sir, the other three stepped backwards"
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Hello Matt.  I have just looked at my 'Diesel Refeulling Point' thread and the text is a bit on the large side.  Also, no photos are present. Should I remedy this by editing the text and uploading the photos again?

Thanks

Terry

Posted
Rating:
Site staff

Hold off for now Terry, we are still in the throes of the switchover. pictures ARE there, just changes need to be made in the depths of the site to re align the planets so that Uranus can be seen again ! unfortunately the text issue for some members may be a casualty of the change from ancient software to more modern, but I would wait before editing to allow Jay to resolve some other issues that MAY have an effect. I'll give a heads up once he gives the nod

cheers

Matt

Posted
Rating:
Thanks Matt.  

Terry

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Ed is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Can't access Old YMR Site or Old Gallery from the icons at the top of the home page.

Bitdefender stops me with "Suspicious page blocked for your protection", won't let me select "I understand the risks, take me there anyway"  link, just does nothing.

Is that part of the ongoing update, or Bitdefender being stupid?

Ed

Posted
Rating:
Breaker of Things
breakage is in the usergroup ‘Administrators’

Ed said

Can't access Old YMR Site or Old Gallery from the icons at the top of the home page.

Bitdefender stops me with "Suspicious page blocked for your protection", won't let me select "I understand the risks, take me there anyway"  link, just does nothing.

Is that part of the ongoing update, or Bitdefender being stupid?

Ed

So funny story……

The old forum is there but no longer covered by SSL (as i had to use our cert for this site) - so some more careful browsers may not let you in.

The old gallery has been runed off - but with good reasons - I migrated all the images to under the structure of this new site - the reason for that was to preserve the images within the new threads. (which should now be working - still testing that)

The individual members galleries may at some point become available again under a new feature - but that's down the line once I've got the main site stable

Signatures? Where we're going we don't need no stinking signatures!

Posted
Rating:
Site staff

ongoing Ed. It's to do with the security  certificates. Old site new site etc. One has certification, one doesn't but will either  roll in under the other or will have its own certificate. 

Try a different browser and see if it gives you the  option to accept and go ahead.  Firefox did for me, but we will look to resolve it once all the re aligning that's going on is finished.

Cheers

Matt

Posted
Rating:

Posted
Rating:
Site staff

col.stephens said

Hello Matt.  I have just looked at my 'Diesel Refeulling Point' thread and the text is a bit on the large side.  Also, no photos are present. Should I remedy this by editing the text and uploading the photos again?

Thanks

Terry

Check Now Terry ?

Posted
Rating:
Site staff

col.stephens     Test   Ignore this one Terry im just curious

Posted
Rating:
My thread is back to normal.  Thanks Matt.

Terry

Posted
Rating:
Hello again Matt.  Just to make you aware, if you are not already aware that is, that there appears to be difficulty in uploading photos.  In my wagon tarpaulin thread I managed to upload one photo, although it is very large. I wanted to upload another but I get a page telling me about flood prevention or something.

Keep up the good work.  

Terry

Posted
Rating:
Breaker of Things

col.stephens said

Hello again Matt.  Just to make you aware, if you are not already aware that is, that there appears to be difficulty in uploading photos.  In my wagon tarpaulin thread I managed to upload one photo, although it is very large. I wanted to upload another but I get a page telling me about flood prevention or something.

Keep up the good work.  

Terry

Thanks for letting us know - that's the second mention of flood prevention so there's obviously something i need to look into there - as for the pictures i'll see if there's some way to scale them - lots of learning to do with this new software.

Posted
Rating:
Well done that man there.
I allways knew we could reply on him.

John.

Posted
Rating:
Thanks Jay.  I attempted to post another photo today and as well as the 'flooding' message, this came up as well…

A new file attachment was attempted but would be over his/her daily upload quota of 5MB (currently at 4.00MB).

Many thanks for all you are doing with the new website.

Terry

Posted
Rating:
Site staff

col.stephens said

Thanks Jay.  I attempted to post another photo today and as well as the 'flooding' message, this came up as well…

A new file attachment was attempted but would be over his/her daily upload quota of 5MB (currently at 4.00MB).

Many thanks for all you are doing with the new website.

Terry

breakage

col.stephens

Good to know thanks Terry, that may help Jay to 'tweak' some settings to up the daily limit for members uploads ?
Just the sort of feedback we need ! 🤔 👍

Cheers

Matt

Posted
Rating:
Breaker of Things
Attachment size limit doubled and flood control disabled for full members - this may be revisited if needed.

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Couple of niggles, and may be me being thick.

Don’t seem to be getting email notification when replies are added to a topic I’ve posted in.

Had a look in ‘my profile’ – ‘settings’ – ‘notifications’ and not sure if I need a tick against ‘Forum topic activity’ under ‘Content’, or would that send me an email for every post in every topic?

Also can’t find a way of seeing topics I started. Tried ‘my profile’ – ‘posts’ but it only shows every topic I’ve ever posted in.

Ed

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Can't find anywhere I can change my signature either.

Ed

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Ed

ok notifications

two ways to get to the settings,  1) go to your profile, go into edit, go into notifications

2) top of page, blue bar with amongst other things,right to left, your profile figure, a mail Icon (this is your Pms) and the one you want, a megaphone icon :- click on this and at the bottom you see three options, the one you want is settings. this takes you straight in to your notification settings page so you can edit ( dont forget to save once you have chosen/ changed any settings.

you have options. you can set each individual line to either email, web notification, or both.

you probably want to set some of the following to one or both (your choice)

UNDER MESSAGES
Mentions of me
Invited into an ongoing private topic
New comment posted
New privateTopic/ Post with you

AUTOMATICALLY MONITOR CONTENT IVE TOUCHED
up to you if you check this box it will auto monitor ANY topic you have taken part in and notify you of new content
IF you choose the above it might be worth clicking the SMART TOPIC NOTIFICATION below it, which will limit the notifications to ONE for the first new post until you go and view the topic, rather than one for each new post.

FORUM TOPIC ACTIVITY is up to you. IF you DO use this, click on the 'more' option and tick only those forums you ACTUALLY want notifications for and BEAR IN MIND you will get notifications for ALL sub forums I.E. choose the members layout forum and you will get notification about ALL members layouts.  my suggestion here would be DONT. at the bottom of every topic you view is a 'Monitor button'  use THAT instead so you only get notifications for the actual topic/thread that you are interested in rather than all the topics/ threads in that Forum area.

your Topics. . . hmmm will have to investigate, its PROBABLY something breakage may need to switch on

Signatures on our list of 'to do's,
 As IS :- A published snagging list (me to do) listing things like you are mentioning (brilliant feedback, just what we need thanks !  :wub: )
AND :- articles like this in the 'hints and tips' (me to do)

cheers

Matt

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.