Wombat Creek Tramways

Posted
Rating:

The year is 1963 somewhere in Victoria, Australia

Another iconic Melbourne building being nicely modelled.I like the tram stop too.

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Hi Jeff and Marty,
Thank you for your comments. Hopefully the Bellcord won't take as long as the Bank. 

Cheers,
Claus
www.flickr.com/photos/ellef/

Posted
Rating:
Sort of Progress

From this:

to this:

in exactly one year!

Last edit: by Claus Ellef

Cheers,
Claus

Posted
Rating:
The Bellcord - part 4

The setting is not what you would expect, but the photo shows the Bellcord with windows! The doors are in 'back order'. Next step will be the front entrance, which will be a challenge due to its shape.

Last edit: by Claus Ellef

Cheers,
Claus

Posted
Rating:
Coming along nicely. 
Not sure what sort of wildlife you'll get in it's current location though  :lol:

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"

Posted
Rating:
The Bellcord – part 5

How exciting to be posting on the new website!

wct 230330.jpg
Work has started on the intricate front of the Bellcord. My research photos are a good reference for the actual front and its tile cladding. For details on the roof  I go to Google Street view and Google Earth. It will not be 100% accurate, but only I will know (and you, since you are reading this!).

Cheers,
Claus

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Barchester is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Claus Ellef

Great to see you made it in Claus !  🤝 Looking forward to seeing more progress in the future 👍

P.S I've flagged your thread for some tlc by breakage  some time in the future to possibly sort the early post's  text.  Its a legacy from the OLD software that ignored some of the text editing guff in old posts that were written elsewhere  and then copy/ pasted into the old forum ? Unfortunately  the shiny new Software sees it, and actually  knows what to do with it ! Hence BIG letters 😜  on an individual bases members can edit thier own post's, highlight the text, click on the 'Size' button on the menu bar and reduce it to 1.5 or 2 and then Hit SAVE.

Your early post's have quite  a few though so Jay can hopefully work  his 'magic' in the backroom  and reduce them all at once 🙃

Cheers

Matt

Wasnie me, a big boy did it and ran away

"Why did you volunteer ? I didn't Sir, the other three stepped backwards"

Posted
Rating:
Breaker of Things
breakage is in the usergroup ‘Administrators’

Barchester said

Claus Ellef

Great to see you made it in Claus !  🤝 Looking forward to seeing more progress in the future 👍

P.S I've flagged your thread for some tlc by breakage  some time in the future to possibly sort the early post's  text.  Its a legacy from the OLD software that ignored some of the text editing guff in old posts that were written elsewhere  and then copy/ pasted into the old forum ? Unfortunately  the shiny new Software sees it, and actually  knows what to do with it ! Hence BIG letters 😜  on an individual bases members can edit thier own post's, highlight the text, click on the 'Size' button on the menu bar and reduce it to 1.5 or 2 and then Hit SAVE.

Your early post's have quite  a few though so Jay can hopefully work  his 'magic' in the backroom  and reduce them all at once 🙃

Cheers

Matt

They've been fixed

Signatures? Where we're going we don't need no stinking signatures!

Posted
Rating:
The Bellcord – part 6

wct 230407.jpg
Before the builders went on their Easter break they fitted the external doors and all the tiles on the front. Back on the job they will focus on the 'art deco' features.

Cheers,
Claus

Posted
Rating:
The Real Wombat Creek

wct 230416.jpg

The fictional gold mining town of Wombat Creek is named after my favourite animal, the wombat, and a place for gold panning, the creek. On our way home from holidays my wife and I passed the real Wombat Creek. Nothing like the grand model town. Just a small creek and a handful of houses along the highway far from the Victorian goldfields.

Cheers,
Claus

Posted
Rating:
Item has a rating of 5 (Liked by Ed)
The Bellcord – part 7

After three days of modelling the Bellcord looks like this:

wct 230420.jpg

Next task to tackle is the roof.

Cheers,
Claus

Posted
Rating:
Breaker of Things
breakage is in the usergroup ‘Administrators’

Claus Ellef said

The Bellcord – part 7

After three days of modelling the Bellcord looks like this:

wct 230420.jpg

Next task to tackle is the roof.

I'm no Modeler but that looks fantastic - the signage looks fantastic.

Signatures? Where we're going we don't need no stinking signatures!

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Barchester is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Loving the unique  buildings you do Claus 👍 What's up next ?

Wasnie me, a big boy did it and ran away

"Why did you volunteer ? I didn't Sir, the other three stepped backwards"

Posted
Rating:

Barchester said

Loving the unique  buildings you do Claus 👍 What's up next ?

The Bellcord isn't finished yet. The next buildings will probably be a couple of generic Scalescenes to fill out the street scene.
My focus after the Bellcord will be on the narrow gauge railway. Two tunnel entrances and the explosives wagon could be next.

Cheers,
Claus

Posted
Rating:
The Bellcord – part 8

wct 230429a.jpg
The Bellcord is ready to turn up the jazz music. Since the last update the work has mainly been on the roof. As seen on the photo the roof is rather 'complicated' with quite a few elements. The roof is in two parts and detachable in case I need to work on the interior of the building.

wct 230429b.jpg
No point of turning up the music if you don't get any audience! Time to finish the build with a bit of advertising. All will be revealed in the final update.

Cheers,
Claus

Posted
Rating:
Item has a rating of 5 (Liked by Ed)
The Bellcord – part 9

After almost three months I am pleased the Bellcord, or as it is known by the good people of Wombat Creek 'the Jazz House', is finished.

wct 230506.jpg
The sign at the top of the building is made from 'stem wire' (used by florists), super-glue and some patience. As a template I printed the sign in a appropriate font called 'Jam Session' and bent the wire following the outline of the letters. Once glue together, the sign was a little hard to read being green letters on a green 'scaffolding'. Painted black they stand out a bit better and also tie in with the letters on the balcony.

I have enjoyed building the Bellcord, but I look forward to smaller projects which can be done inI far less time.

Cheers,
Claus

Posted
Rating:
Motor for a tram

A few weeks ago I bought another kit which can be turned into an ex-Hobart tram. The kit didn't come with a motor, but Japan Plaza sells an Aru Model with the right distances between the wheels. It looks like this:

wct 230528 a.jpg
I was informed from the website, that the instructions are in Japanese only. I thought, the instructions would be something like the ones you get from an Ikea flat-pack. Mostly drawings, so how hard can it be? Well, the instructions look like this:

wct 230528 b.jpg
If you think I speak Japanese, think again!

Cheers,
Claus

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Ed is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Dunno about it being Japanese Claus, I'd need a very strong magnifying glass just to see it  :mutley

Ed

Posted
Rating:
New tram for WCT

wct 230810.jpg

A new tram has arrived at Wombat Creek Tramways. It is a former H-class from Vienna. The tram is non-motorised, but comes with space for a small motor. Before entering service, the tram will be modified to resemble a Melbourne U-class.

Cheers,
Claus

Posted
Rating:
Back on the trams again

After I have spend quite a while in the Big Nugget Gold Mine, it is time to do something different and get back to the Tramways.

wct 230815a.jpg

The photo is from just outside the tram shed. In the foreground a Bachmann Brill tram, like the one at the back, has been cut through the middle and one door from each side has been removed. All in an attempt to turn the body into a tram resembling a Melbourne class Y tram like the one below.

wct 230815b.jpg

Cheers,
Claus
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.