Wanted.creating model buildings

Posted
Rating:
#266162 (In Topic #14498)
Looking for a copy of geoff taylors book creating model buildings.if anyone has a copy they would sell please get in touch.or if anyone knows where I can get a copy let me know.so far all my searches have produced nothing
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Seems to be two volumes, the original 'Creating Model Buildings' and 'More Model Buildings' by G Taylor.

Expensive at between £20 and £50, but took me a few seconds searching for 'geoff taylor book model railway buildings' with Google.

Perhaps try Abe Books.

Last edit: by Longchap

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
[user=1814]Longchap[/user] wrote:
Seems to be two volumes, the original 'Creating Model Buildings' and 'More Model Buildings' by G Taylor.

Expensive at between £20 and £50, but took me a few seconds searching for 'geoff taylor book model railway buildings' with Google.

Perhaps try Abe Books.
Tried there and they don't have it

Posted
Rating:
Sorry Will, I've tried more extensively and like yourself, found it playing a good game of hide and seek.

I'm off to a good model railway exhibition soon, so will keep an eye out for it.

Best,

Bill

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
[user=1814]Longchap[/user] wrote:
Sorry Will, I've tried more extensively and like yourself, found it playing a good game of hide and seek.

I'm off to a good model railway exhibition soon, so will keep an eye out for it.

Best,

Bill
Thanks Bill 👍🏻p.s I have the second book.

Last edit: by gwrwill

Posted
Rating:
Search over.a copy appeared on ebay tonight and was duly purchased 😁😁

Posted
Rating:
Well done that man, It's always good to see a happy ending!

:doublethumb

Last edit: by Longchap

Posted
Rating:
[user=2298]gwrwill[/user] wrote:
Looking for a copy of geoff taylors book creating model buildings.if anyone has a copy they would sell please get in touch.or if anyone knows where I can get a copy let me know.so far all my searches have produced nothing

To complement your trophy now purchased, explore the topic Little Muddle here:

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/topic/120848-little-muddle

The owner is an outstanding builder of OO guage model buildings. His is a big topic but some judicious searching will lead you to the core of his modelling techniques. I cannot commend it highly enough. There are also articles in BRM if you have access to this magazine.

Colin.

Last edit: by Colin W

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.