Rating:
#265889 (In Topic #14477)

Barton Peveril College, Chestnut Avenue, Eastleigh, SO50 5ZA

MarkL71A,
Chandlers Ford
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
I'll be there Mark and already have my ferry ticket.

Loooking forward to a good model railway exhibition after three years without!

Bill

Last edit: by Longchap

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
It will be good to see you Bill.My first exhibition after the Chinese Bug was Expo EM. I do know there were layouts there but don't ask me if I remember any; I spent all day catching up with old friends and had a wonderful time.

MarkL71A,
Chandlers Ford

Posted
Rating:
Hi Mark,

Do you know if Roxey Mouldings are still attending, as noted on line?

Roxey say on their website that they're no longer taking full stands to shows and I was hoping to get some wheel sets for my loco kit stash?

Best,

Bill

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
Bill, to the best of my knowledge Roxey will be at our show. I have some orders to place myself so I will be asking the question of Dave Hammersley. The order I have for him should make his trip worth it on its own.I will post again in due course.

Mark

MarkL71A,
Chandlers Ford

Posted
Rating:
Thanks Mark, that's reassuring. I'll make a list!

Also interesting to see that Squires are attending, as they acquired the SE Finecast range of kits.

See you soon,

Bill

Posted
Rating:
Bill,

I can confirm that Roxey Mouldings are attending the show along with Squires who have replaced Eileen's Emporium (RIP). 

If anyone else is reading this and will be joining us at the show then feel free to come and say 'Hello'.
Should you be in the queue on the opening morning I will be organising the masses and selling tickets to those who wish to pay by card. I am easily identified as I too am 6'4" tall and will be wearing the same hat that you can see in my avatar. Unfortunately the dog will be at home. 

MarkL71A,
Chandlers Ford

Posted
Rating:
Many thanks Mark and after three years of exhibition famine, next wekend is a much looked forward to event, and my credit card has been warned to prepare for a good day's work!

I'm meeting a chum from RMWeb there and also looking forward to seeing several more friendly faces.

See you soon.

Bill

Posted
Rating:
The Southampton Model Railway Society Show is on THIS weekend. See the poster above for details.

MarkL71A,
Chandlers Ford

Posted
Rating:
This is a test post, following two failled attempts to publish a show report for this exhibition.

Edit: well I'm flumuxed why the report, with seven photos from my gallery failed. Any comments gratefully received, as I have never experienced this problem before.

If anyone is interested, the report can be seen here: Newton Regis. Workbench wanderings through the 1920s and 30s the Great Western Way - Page 8 - Layout topics - RMweb

Last edit: by Longchap

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.