What happened to Peedie models

Posted
Rating:
#265766 (In Topic #14471)
Earlier this year Paul passed his model railway kits etc over to Online Models, home of  Eckon and Berko, they are currently sorting out suppliers, the following quote is from a reply to an email I sent requesting information
Quote:-
"Brass and resin-cast features will be continued, and when our suppliers  have been sorted, then we can continue with production and regular  supply.

We are mostly sorted now, and are more than happy to  discuss a production run of any of the former Peedie models range, as  well as any new developments that may be wanted.
We were at the International N gauge show, and will be at Warley, Doncaster and Alexandra Palace in future for consultation."

Hope this is of some use to others wondering what and when.

Cheers MIKE
I'm like my avatar - a local ruin!
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Had Peedie ceased production Mike ?

If not, one wonders why they couldn't just continue production using the existing suppliers ……………….  :hmm

It always baffles me why "they" buy up these companies then cease production unless they're buying to stop competition………. :roll:

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
As far as I know  Paul was getting snowed under by comission work, Online models got all the stock, drawings etc in a rather hurried few days. Quite a mixture, brass etches, 3D prints and cast resin in N gauge and 00. A few items have appeared so far under the Eckon brand. I suppose we just have to wait until their announcement at Warley.
Luckily I had stocked up on 3D printed and brass etches, mainly "domestic" items, doors, windows, fencing, garden sheds, stone walling, but not what I want now, LSWR/SR station canopy valences - trying to make a Ratio GWR station kit look Southern.

Cheers MIKE
I'm like my avatar - a local ruin!

Posted
Rating:
Not long to wait then Mike - Warley is this weekend .................. :thumbs

'Petermac
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.