Shiny Passengers

Posted
Rating:
#253128 (In Topic #13902)

Removing the unnatural gloss from passengers

Hi All.   I have decided that it’s about time that my carriages carried passengers, but the ones I have seen in magazines are always glossy, this is okay if it is raining. The limited skills that I have don’t run to painting people ,Is there an easy way to do this job.   Best wishes Kevin 

Staying on the thread Kevin.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
I would go with a teeny bit of black weathered powder. Try it on your least favourite first and just rub a tiny bit on your fingers or use a small paintbrush. 
I use this method I use to remove the shine off objects.

Last edit: by TeaselBay

Posted
Rating:
That's neat trick Chris - I will have to give that a go.  I have a bottle of matt varnish used for wargaming figures because it is made by Citadel (Warhammer paints) applied with a soft brush, which also works quite well.
Michael

Posted
Rating:
Hi  Chris.  Thank you for your reply. Excellent idea which I will try that out as soon as Lockdown is over or I can get out, which ever comes first. Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Matt varnish. Line them up and a rattle can of acrylic matt misted over them. As Michael says, a brush and acrylic works just as well.

Nigel

©Nigel C. Phillips

Posted
Rating:
Varnish might be a better option than powders.  You have to be very careful with powders to not over-do things.  Although they can be washed off there is a tendency for an awkward little bit to be stubborn and not move from exactly where you don't want it to be.

Rick
Layouts here and here

Posted
Rating:
[user=1753]Gwiwer[/user] wrote:
You have to be very careful with powders to not over-do things.
Sometimes I come out of the garage and I’ve accidentally camouflaged my face with green and black powder.. Seriously though, less is more with them but I find them quite effective. I bet the Matt spray works pretty well too, easier for a large number also!

Posted
Rating:
Hi Chris.  Thank you again. The more tips that I read, the more I get confused. But, it would seem which ever method I go for I will probably make a pig’s ear of it . Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Thanks for the tip Chris, I'm going to have go at that on some of my figures and other bits I have.

Always try to look on the bright side of life!

Barney
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.