Hello from new member, Gromit

Posted
Rating:
#236000 (In Topic #13021)
Guest user
Hi there, I'm a 74 yo Pom from Romsey in Victoria, just outside Melbourne down under. I've come back to model railway after about 60 years. As a kid I had Hornby dublo 3 rail and I've stuck to the iconic brand. I don't have a lot of space so I'm looking at a shelf shunting layout and searching high and low for inspiration. I bought a Hornby mixed freight set to have a couple of small dcc locos and some wagons. I also bought extra points, wagons and track so I wasn't stuck with the mindless loop! I've set up an inglenook layout as a starting point but I'm trying to find something with a little more variation. Looking at your website I found a layout with French labels that I believe belonged to Petermac but his operational description didn't quite seem to fit the layout. Any further information on this would be greatly appreciated from any other member(s). Thank you in anticipation.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
spurno is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Hi Roger and welcome to the club. :Welcome

Regards

Alan

Born beside the mighty GWR.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Ed is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Hi Roger, from a rather chilly but sunny Essex.

:Welcome

Ed

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Welcome, Roger.   :cheers

Looking forward to seeing the photos.

Cheers

Posted
Rating:
Hello Roger,

Welcome to the club.

Jeff

Jeff

Posted
Rating:
Ted
Inactive Member
Hi Roger
 Welcome to the club from Adelaide :Welcome
 Regards Ted

Posted
Rating:
Edited 2:25pm Saturday

Hello from Ocean Grove! We Aussies are a force to be reckoned with here on YMR.
There are a number of resources you can use but it does depend on your space availability!  If you care to PM me with an email address, I can send you a few bits of reading material too large to incorporate here but there are many variations of Inglenooks and switching layouts so it is up to you.  

If I can suggest, have a look at the posts by Padster  and Ken on this forum with regards to their layouts as any of the stations on those layouts are interesting operating scenarios in their own right and adjust the scale to suit your OO stuff!
You can also check out http://www.freetrackplans.com/Layout-Plans.php which has a variety of plans from glorified Inglenooks to Oval layouts. Similarly you could check out Astroslot : Situs Judi Slot Online Gacor Gampang Maxwin Terpercaya (just ignore the page title) .. take elements from the samples you see that YOU like (it is your railway after all) and you will not go far wrong!

Anyway Welcome to the group and enjoy the journey!

Cheers

Trevor

Last edit: by xdford

Posted
Rating:
Hi Roger,
Welcome. 

Nigel

©Nigel C. Phillips

Posted
Rating:
Hello and best wishes Gromit from Up Over!

Still buying Triang bits and bobs myself…

Gordon :-)

Posted
Rating:
Hi Roger and welcome from a warm and sunny France.

Always good to have a new kid on the block and looking forward to seeing your railway develop.

Bill

Last edit: by Longchap

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
   Welcome back to the hobby and a big welcome to the site Roger.

:hi:Welcome

Always try to look on the bright side of life!

Barney

Posted
Rating:
Grommit,

Welcome from just outside the original Romsey. That's the one in Hampshire.
Do have fun with your modeling and on this site.

MarkL71A,
Chandlers Ford

Posted
Rating:
Hello and a very warm welcome Roger.

A layout with French labels belonging to me eh ?  I do live in France but the only labels I see much of are usually attached to wine bottles ………………  Can you ewnlighten me more.

I did have a layout in our old house - we moved house in January - but it certainly wasn't a shelf or plank.  I dismantled it and currently, it's sitting in boxes awaiting a new "space" here.

Have a look around the site, enjoy what you see and ask absolutely whatever you want to.  We used to have a byline saying there is no such thing as a stupid question - we all start knowing nothing and learn by asking and watching.

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Hi and welcome from Cornwall Piran
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.