Hello from Cambridgeshire

Posted
Rating:
#233446 (In Topic #12796)
Guest user
Hello, and thank you for very much for adding me.  I have a fixed layout in a shed in the garden, but I've never been totally happy with it, so I've decided to scrap it and start building a modular layout, working on small sections which hopefully will build up to a larger layout.  I'm planning on starting with an MPD, and I'm really not planning on rushing.
I'm definitely not a purist.  My main interest is the LNER and BR Eastern Region, both BR Blue and Sectorisation, so I have a varied collection of locos and rolling stock.

I'm definitely not a very skilled railway modeller, but I'm hoping to learn a few skills to improve along the way with my new project - hopefully with a bit of help from you fellers :)

I've had a peek at this site a few times in the last couple of months and always liked the look and feel of it, so I thought I'd take the plunge and join in!

Cheers,
Mick
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Hi Mick,

LNER – now you're talking :-)

You'll enjoy this site. I'm kind of new here myself and I'm very impressed!

Good luck with your layout.

Gordon
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Welcome to the club Mick - enjoy your plunge.   :cheers :cheers :cheers

When I read LNER and Eastern  Region, you became my new "best friend" - then I saw " BR Bue".  :Red Card   I'm now filing for divorce ……………………..

You already know a bit about us but there's all the help you'd ever need on here - and freely available to all comers.

Looking forward to seeing what you're up to.

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Thanks for the welcomes chaps.
In my defence, the BR Blue interest is more of an indication of what was around on the railways when I were a lad (honest guv) and the love of steam and the LNER came along later.

As I said, I'm definitely no purist and I'm perfectly happy to run both together.  I just tell myself that anything with steam coming out of it is running in preservation regardless of whether there are any examples of the prototype around or not!
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Ted
Inactive Member
Hi Mick
 Welcome to the club .
 Regards Ted

Posted
Rating:
Hi Mick,

Welcome to the club. Enjoy. I quite liked the BR Monastral blue as it gives great scope for faded and flaking paint, dirt and rust. Then again, my UK interests lie in the GWR.

Yaxley - that brings back a few memories.

Nigel

©Nigel C. Phillips

Posted
Rating:
Hi mick can't say much only Joined myself last week but like you I have browsed a few times to be honest I am a bit haw struck but time willl tell start small and take it from there good luck with new project                                                chas

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
spurno is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Hi Mick and welcome to the club.

Regards

Alan

Born beside the mighty GWR.

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Ed is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
:Welcome Mick, from chilly Essex.

"LNER and BR Eastern Region, both BR Blue and Sectorisation", perfect combinations  :doublethumb

Ed

Posted
Rating:
Welcome Mick. :Welcome
Terry

Posted
Rating:
Hello Mick,

Welcome to the club.

Jeff

Jeff

Posted
Rating:
Hi and welcome Mick. You've found a good place here, to learn and share with others, so put your feet under the table and have fun.

I suppose despite those horrible, noisy, smelly and uninspiring blue diesels, they've all done service to pretty much all of us in the past, so they can't be all that bad.

Good heavens, slap me someone, what am I saying! Long may the life force of steam locomotion bring joy to those who deserve it and God bless his Wonderful Railway  :thumbs

Bill

Last edit: by Longchap

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Thanks for all the welcome messages guys - much appreciated!

I can see once the new layout gets moving I'll have to post a photo of a blue Deltic double-heading with an A4  ;-)
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Hi Mick.

Welcome to this wonderful forum.

Lots of very friendly and helpful people here, I have learned a lot from the members.

John :) :)

Oh, Dr Beeching what have you done?
There once were lots of trains to catch, but soon there will be none.
I'll have to buy a bike, 'cos I can't afford a car.
Oh, Dr Beeching what a naughty man you are!

Posted
Rating:
Nice to have another Eastern Region fan. Welcome to the club.

Bob

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Thanks guys.

We've spent the weekend clearing a few rooms out at home and moving furniture around in readiness for a few new bits we've bought.

I've been quite surprised at how many books, bookazines, magazines and supplements on the subject of layout planning and inspiration I've found that I've hoarded over the years.

I didn't think I'd be needing them again after planning my previous layout, but I'm now glad I didn't get rid of them at the time.  Plenty of reading material for the coming weeks!
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Kev
Inactive Member
Hello Mick and welcome to the club. :hi

Happy Modelling
Kev

Posted
Rating:
Welcome Mick …. good for you on the LNER … always drawn to the GER myself but very flexible, just the flexi-track  ;-)

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Cheers guys.

I'm quite partial to a bit of GER myself, having lived on the outer fringes of its old territory for a few years now. I've got a Hornby J15 and D16 in my collection, albeit in LNER livery, and I shall probably purchase the Oxford Rail N7 when it's released.

LNER, GER, Eastern Region, it's all good  :cool:
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.