Posted
Rating:
#226871 (In Topic #12379)
Guest user
Many thanks for approving my membership application.

My name is Michael Hurley, and I reside in Mittagong, NSW, Australia. I am 67 years of age, and a retired firefighter.

Firstly, I would like to admit that I am a"failed" modeller, as my aspirations to build a layout have been dogged (over my years) by my inability to plan adequately (I feel better already!!!). 

My interests are OO Gauge,DC Analogue,British Prototype, especially Airfix,Hornby,Lima,Mainline,Tri-ang & Wrenn. I am particularly fond of Tri-ang Series 3 track & accessories.

I have just commenced "re-building" my layout for the umpteenth time, and am hopeful of at least completing to a satisfactory standard. The upper level is Peco 100 track and the lower level (unconnected) will be Tri-ang Series 3 track. The last sentence alone should explain why I have struggled to complete any of my endeavours. 

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Welcome, Michael.   :cheers

I'm sure that you will find all the information you desire, here.

Sometimes it's like drinking from a fire hydrant, the lads want so much to help.   :lol:
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Ted
Inactive Member
Hi Michael
 Welcome to the club ,
 You are sure to get ALL the help youcould ever need .
 Regards Ted

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
spurno is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Hi Michael and welcome to the club.You're in the right place for all the advice you'll need.

Regards

Alan

Born beside the mighty GWR.

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Ed is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
:hi Michael, from sunny Essex.

:Welcome

Looking forward to seeing what you've done with the Tri-ang series 3 track.

Ed

PS Just a word of warning, you may want to take your email address out of your signature, as anything you post on an open forum is available for the whole wide world to see.

Posted
Rating:
Hello Michael,

Welcome to the club.

Jeff

Jeff

Posted
Rating:
Hi Michael and welcome aboard to a most friendly and useful place for railway modellers of all types to be. 

You'll find all you need here, so enjoy the forum and let us know more of your plans when you can.

Best wishes,

Bill 

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
A hearty welcome to the club Michael, from me on the edge of the Solent. Lots of opportunities to pick up ideas for layouts on here. Good Luck.
:hi

Always try to look on the bright side of life!

Barney

Posted
Rating:
Hi Michael

A warm welcome to the club.

Series 3 track - that takes me back! Last layout (early '60s) I used Series 3 track, and some old Standard track in the fiddle yard…all visible track was the wonderful (well it was to me) Super 4…

I wouldn't get too hung up on plans…. never been one for planning …. I just bodge along and see where I end up…

Lots of really good modellers here to help with any problems you may have.

Keith

Do I have a plan? Na, if I did I'd spend most of my time trying to remember where I put it.

Posted
Rating:
Hi Michael hearty welcome to YMRC .Looking forward to see your new build. Send some pic, s please. Plenty of help here please just post use.Like your idea, s Enjoy your re build.
Enjoy Forum, s

Best of Luck.

Noviceman.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Thanks to all for the kind welcome and words of encouragement.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Hi Michael,

Welcome to the club.

Nigel

©Nigel C. Phillips
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.