Never too late...?!!

Posted
Rating:
#224779 (In Topic #12266)
Guest user
Hi, and thanks for letting me join the club.

My main reason for joining is to express thanks for advice found about separating body and chassis of my Hornby Caledonian Belle. I was struggling before doing a google search, and finding how to do it on this site was most helpful.

After 66 years of deprivation, I have recently (last year) started on the learning curve that is railway modelling - well, not quite modelling yet.  Interest began after I bought a second hand 'Flying Scotsman' (sans tender, so just push along) for my 4 yr old grandson to play with. 

Since then I've bought a few more locomotives - some from the Thomas the tank engine series, Hogwarts Express, and others that revive memories of my youth back in the 50s when I went trainspotting with my brother.

I'm afraid my layout presently consists of inner and outer oval tracks laid on the  (carpeted!) spare bedroom floor… most unsatisfactory (in more ways than one), as it needs to be taken up every time we have visitors (including grandchildren sleeping over).

However, I am undaunted, and one day, childminding duties permitting, will get round to making a more permanent layout.

Meanwhile, I've been amusing myself by installing dcc decorders in the locos, and adding lighting to intercity trains and carriages - all scratch built using fairy light LEDs and various other electronic components, with reasonable success.  So I guess I've got two new hobbies for the price of one.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Welcome, Norman.   :cheers
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Hi Norman, welcome aboard and continue having fun!

Bill 

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
Hi Norman Hearty welcome to YMRC from a +1c South Wales U.K.

Enjoy Forums

Best of Luck

Noviceman

Posted
Rating:
Ted
Inactive Member
Hi Norman
 Welcome to the club
Regards Ted

Posted
Rating:
Hi Norman,

Welcome to the club.

Nigel

©Nigel C. Phillips

Posted
Rating:
Hello Norman,

Welcome to the club.

Jeff

Jeff

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Thanks to all for warm welcome :o)
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
spurno is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Hi Norman and welcome to the club.Settle in and enjoy yourself.

Regards

Alan

Born beside the mighty GWR.

Posted
Rating:

Posted
Rating:

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
I think most model railways started life on the living room rug Norman in which case you just can't go wrong !

Welcome  to YMRC where after reading what everybody else has got up to here over the years you'll either end up buying a massively expensive shed or a barn !

Allan

Posted
Rating:
:Welcome  Hello and welcome Norman.

Terry

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Thanks for the welcome Allan.  I was planning on getting a shed at some stage, but it was to house my library (management is getting a tad weary of piles of books around the house).  Perhaps I need a rethink?  ;-)
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Welcome to the mad house Norman.

Childminding duties offer an excellent excuse for building a model railway - "It's for the grandchildren dear, if they didn't enjoy it so much, I wouldn't bother.  It's a real PITA for me" …………………..  ;-)

'Petermac
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.