Railmaster software

Posted
Rating:
#214555 (In Topic #11714)

track planning

HI i have not been on for a while been bizzy 
I wonder if someone could help ? I have the railmaster pro software and the track planning software is pretty basic ie: rectangles and not propper bends i have tried to do my bestand think i have got close but im wondering if there is some software that is compatable with railmaster that has bends and the bend numbers 
I thank you in advance
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Anyrail is pretty good.

You can download a free trial which allows you to use 50 pieces of track over and over again.

You can then buy the software if you like it and this gives you unlimited numbers of pieces of track.

John.

Posted
Rating:
Thanks for that i have spent a fortune on this railmaster is anyrail compatable with railmaster as the track for railmaster controlls the track digitally 

Posted
Rating:
Looks like I am leading you astray mate.

Anyrail is track planning software.

You use it to plan your layout.

I think your question is related to the Hornby Railmaster system which I know nothing about.

Sorry.

John.

Posted
Rating:
I have the Railmaster Software. It is a proprietary system so is not compatible with any other computer based system, as is the e-link through which it runs. The track options are therefore those that you have found. It is really designed to provide a mimic diagram for layout operation rather than track planning so one could argue the options provided for track are sufficient - I certainly find them so though they could do with a bit of modernisation in appearance.  
That said, if you head over to the Railmaster Forum (which is a goldmine of information on making the beast perform to it's best), and in particular http://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/platforms-in-layout-diagram/?p=1, there is a discussion about adding custom .gifs, The discussion centres on platforms but the principles suggest it should  be possible to do the same for track. I have done my own platforms (see picture in my gallery) and may do the same for other items on the layout when I have the time.
A couple of points:
a) You need the Pro Pack (which you have); and b) the links to the pre-prepared .gif files cited do not work. If you want mine for platforms, PM me with your email address and I will send.
Do also PM me if you need more information though I don't purport to be an expert :roll: 

Last edit: by Chris - Surrey

It may not be broke but that shouldn't stop you from fixing it. Member of www.dorkingmodelrailwayclub.com

Posted
Rating:
Hi, i would suggest you post this on the Hornby Forum, where many of us give advice. There are some very knowledgeable Railmaster users there. john
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.