Burton Wagon works

Posted
Rating:
#166221 (In Topic #9491)
Inactive Member
A few pictures of the few bits I could get close enough to photograph.
© David Meaden

Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
An imposing building, have you noticed the two redundant window arches above the huge RSJ over the roller shutter?

It makes me wonder if there are/is other entrances for the wagins to enter by?

Doug

'You may share the labours of the great, but you will not share the spoil…'  Aesop's Fables

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

In the land of the slap-dash and implausible, mediocrity is king

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Took the words right out of my mouth, you can seethe roller shutter is a recent  mod. The brickwork is brilliant. I wonder how many of today's brick layers could replicate that. Not many I fear. Six months and your qualified.

Great photo's

Thanks for posting

Toto.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Hi Doug,
The site is quite large overall but I could only get to see a small part through the fence. The part I photographed is is in use by a bus company and is separated off from the rest of the site. The rest (all well fenced off and apparently inaccessible) is in use by a company that refurbishes heritage and other railway locos and carriages etc. You can get a better idea of the size of the site if you take a look on google earth.
regards
David

Posted
Rating:
Thanks, David, that'll be something to do when StrictlycasualtyinHolbylantisCeleb is on the idiot's lantern….

Doug

'You may share the labours of the great, but you will not share the spoil…'  Aesop's Fables

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

In the land of the slap-dash and implausible, mediocrity is king
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.