Wombat Creek Tramways

Posted
Rating:

The year is 1963 somewhere in Victoria, Australia

The first tram at the new shelter

wct 231219.jpg
The first tram has arrived at the new tram shelter. Mr and Mrs Patterson are too busy talking and will probably miss the tram.

Cheers,
Claus
www.flickr.com/photos/ellef/
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Posted
Rating:
Safe exit from the Regal

wct 231222.jpg
The Regal theatre has been operating for some time. Among the staff has been a very nervous fire warden. Though the fire exit has been at the roof top for a while, it was leading to a very big drop to the ground below. Fortunately no fire occurred and yesterday the workmen finished the fire escape.

The stairs with their railings are from Plastruct. The platforms and their railings are hand cut from Evergreen styrene sheets.

Cheers,
Claus

Posted
Rating:
Terraced houses at the Golden Mile

wct 231223.jpg
This is the upcoming project. Four houses along the Golden Mile. If your are familiar with houses at Fishley Street in South Melbourne, you will see the resemblance. The actual build will wait until after Christmas.

Cheers,
Claus

Posted
Rating:
Hat off for the new houses

wct 231229.jpg
A passer-by lifts his hat in awe of the new houses in the Golden Mile. The walls are up and we are waiting for the joiner to produce 40 windows and 8 doors. With the New Year's Eve approaching this will have to wait until next year.

Happy New Year!

Cheers,
Claus

Posted
Rating:
Item has a rating of 5 (Liked by Ed)
Job done

wct 240102.jpg
The joiners from Ray Knott's Joinery are packing up their VW after a job well done. 40 windows and 8 doors installed in one day!

Cheers,
Claus

Posted
Rating:
Complicated  roofs

wct 240104.jpg
  Being a teacher of Mathematics I enjoyed the geometry of the roofs with all the trapeziums, triangles and parallelograms. What I didn’t enjoy was the time it took to put it all together!

Cheers,
Claus

Posted
Rating:

Posted
Rating:
Is that cardboard or styrene Claus ?

Looks fantastic !

'Petermac
Online now: Yes Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Petermac said

Is that cardboard or styrene Claus ?

Looks fantastic !

The roofing is corrugated styrene.

Cheers,
Claus

Cheers,
Claus

Posted
Rating:
The tenants have moved in to No. 1 -7 Golden Mile

(Two photos should have been here, but the server is playning up. I will post them as soon as possible. Meanwhile you can read the latest updates from Wombat Creek on www.wct.payne-ellef.dk)

With only the 'lace work' under the eaves and under the front veranda missing the tenants have moved in. They are also waiting for the front fence to be installed.

Cheers,
Claus

Posted
Rating:

Claus Ellef said

The tenants have moved in to No. 1 -7 Golden Mile

(Two photos should have been here, but the server is playning up. I will post them as soon as possible. Meanwhile you can read the latest updates from Wombat Creek on www.wct.payne-ellef.dk)

With only the 'lace work' under the eaves and under the front veranda missing the tenants have moved in. They are also waiting for the front fence to be installed.

Finally the two promissed photos:
wct 240111a.jpg wct 240111b.jpg

Cheers,
Claus

Posted
Rating:
No. 1, Golden Mile

wct 240111c.jpg
Mr. James greets Mrs. Paterson tending to her roses. Though her garden is rather small Mrs. Paterson is a keen gardener and especially likes roses.

The 10 rose bushes are each made from six stems glued to a base. They are from a Busch kit with a total of 120 individual stems. It requires a very steady hand to glue the flowers to the stems.:brickwall
In an Australian fashion the flower bed is covered in mulch – tea leaves.

Cheers,
Claus

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Ed is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’

Claus Ellef said

The 10 rose bushes are each made from six stems glued to a base. They are from a Busch kit with a total of 120 individual stems. It requires a very steady hand to glue the flowers to the stems.:brickwall

Look very good Claus, well done  :thumbs3:

Ed

Posted
Rating:
"It requires a very steady hand to glue the flowers to the stems."

I'll say !!  Wow Claus - that looks like delicate work - well done Sir !

'Petermac
Online now: Yes Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
No. 3, Golden Mile

wct 240111d2.jpg
The four terraced houses on the Golden Mile are designed to be unique and exclusive. To keep this exclusiveness certain rules applies to the exteriors. All window and door frames are to be the same shade of green. Well, the McNaught family in no. 3 are not into rules and have painted their windows and doors dark blue! Perhaps a '-y' should be added to the family surname.

wct 240111e.jpg
At the back of their property a panel has gone missing in the fence. Did it just fall of or did the kids pull it off? Who knows, but the missing board gives the two kids a good view of the mine and the steam trains.

Cheers,
Claus

Posted
Rating:
I love these little scenes! It's always so fun to look around at the little details and think about the stories

- Darius

Posted
Rating:
Item has a rating of 5 (Liked by D_Will)

D_Will said

I love these little scenes! It's always so fun to look around at the little details and think about the stories

Thank you, Darius. I like to create these little scenes and details near the front of the layout. Visitors are amazed finding the details themselves.

Cheers,
Claus

Posted
Rating:
Breaker of Things
breakage is in the usergroup ‘Administrators’

Claus Ellef said

No. 1, Golden Mile

wct 240111c.jpg
Mr. James greets Mrs. Paterson tending to her roses. Though her garden is rather small Mrs. Paterson is a keen gardener and especially likes roses.

In an Australian fashion the flower bed is covered in mulch – tea leaves.

It took me far too long to realise that Mr James had his hand raised and that wasn't his head. I thought you'd snuck in an E.T. esque alien casually chatting to the neighbours :)

Signatures? Where we're going we don't need no stinking signatures!

Posted
Rating:
No 5, Golden Mile

wct 240111f2.jpg
Not much to remark about no. 5, the number engraved in the glass above the entrance door. Mr. Smith is clearly fond of riding his bicycle. He has chosen a very bold colour for a 1963 bicycle, but being parked in front of the house it serves as a focus point for the onlookers.

Cheers,
Claus
1 guest and 1 member have just viewed this: Petermac.