7mm GWR Lineside stuff...........

Posted
Rating:
#243741 (In Topic #13452)
Easter has found me getting on with a change of layout focus….. and it has been time to build a few of those important lineside features…
The GWR had a few standard design cattle docks and I had a Skytrex models version of  an early version using Broad Gauge bridge rail.
So after searching the www for photo evidence I came up with this single unit to fit at the front of the layout….

I used a Tamiya scriber to gouge a grove in the back of the cast bridge rails to add a little more detail…

…and used up all my 4mm phosphur bronze pickup strip as the flat metal bars inbetween which were a feature in the four rail pens….

Next up was a `parachute` water tank set up……

i found i had waisted £35 on a 7mm model which turned out to be a poorly cast resin and whitemetal kit, so ended up using an ancient Holt Models kit to which I added extra detailing……

I`m quite pleased with the outcome and have just got to figure out an airbrushing painting plan….

The next project will be the station platform edging………

Twobolt John
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Good to see you're keeping busy John and also to see a rarely modelled bridge rail built cattle dock. I bought a couple metres of the stuff from the Broad Gauge Society for such builds.
At least your below spec water tank appears to have provided a useful additional fire devil!

Bon courage for the paint and weathering stage.

Bill

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Online now: No Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.