Help required please.

Posted
Rating:
#226240 (In Topic #12345)
Guest user

Wiring a Hornby R406 signal

good morning all, I need help with an electrical problem. I recently purchased some second hand items to build my railway setup, one item was the Hornby R406 coloured light signal with the screw in bulbs not the newer version with led's but there was no instructions, also there was a yellow on-on switch, but no connecting wires that fit the device, so I decided to buy a Dpdt 3 way mini toggle switch on-off- on 6 pin to use instead of the on on switch. I also have a gauge aster GM500D universal relay switch but not sure if I need this with the toggle switch.  I intend to run the signal light from the auxiliary output 15v on my Hornby select controller. Here is my problem, I know nothing about electrics apart from been able to wire a normal domestic plug, how do I wire all these together ( what wires go where )? Any help especially a basic drawing would be most appreciated.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
Sol is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Michael, have a  read of thishttp://brian-lambert.co.uk/Electrical%20page%202.html#Signalling

while he uses LEDs, the same concept applies with  bulbs - but you won't need a resistor

another site
Basic simple electrics for model railways

Ron
NCE DCC ; 00 scale UK outline.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Many thank Ron, Brian Lamberts seems the easiest to follow, 
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.