50's/60's quarry plant kits or models.

Posted
Rating:
#188066 (In Topic #10539)
I'm modelling the late 50's early 60's UK era and have a small quarry on my layout. I've a couple of 19RB excavators but wonder if there is anything else out there to add realism to the scene. As a retired "Sparks", I've worked on foundries, blacking mills, lead and aluminium smelters etc but never on quarries so have no knowledge of what plant was in use 'pre-JCB/Caterpillar, although I remember 'not-very-new' Chaseside bucket loaders in the early 70's on the lead smelter. Are there any suitable white metal or plastic kits or complete models available in 1/76 scale that anyone knows about that are still available for what I'm after?
                                                                                     Keith.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Posted
Rating:

Posted
Rating:
Thanks for your suggestions guys, I already have the "Trackside" 19RB dragline and a face shovel on the quarry (also a 19RB crane elsewhere on the layout), but Gary's suggestion of the tractor shovel looks interesting, especially since Gaugemaster list this as 'In stock'. As I type this, I'm awaiting delivery of the motorising kit for my Walthers Cement Works from Gaugemaster anyway, so looks like they'll be getting another order from me shortly. I spent some time on several white metal kit manufacturers sites last night and found a Drott shovel loader and a 50's bulldozer available to order, so they're also on the 'possible' list, although presently I only have experience of building one 'Springside' white metal tractor model. More practice for me, I guess!
                                          Keith.

Posted
Rating:

Posted
Rating:
Hi Gary.
              I built the "early JCB" kit from Dapol after doing a bit more research, and will likely  also get the Langley 50's bulldozer to add to it. This, together with the 'plant' I already have, should give me the effect I'm looking for. Thanks anyway.
Keith M.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.