The art of compromise.

Posted
Rating:

Finally gettiing out of my system.

Terry

Who says you cannot move your layout geographically every now and then to run things you like?

Shed dweller, Softie Southerner and Meglomaniac
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Yes very nice. After all these years I've decided I'd like to go mainly SR, but it's it would mean selling some of my loco's and rolling stock and not so easy to sell things model railway related over here for a sensible price.

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
Southern stock seems to be arriving fast at present.  And today's new arrival is…

Ex-LSWR Adams' 02.

Made by Bachmann under the EFE Rail label.  And what a beauty she is.  Runs nicely but will receive the recommended running-in period of 30 mins each way to bed in the gears.
Terry

Posted
Rating:
I absolutely love those panelled coaches Terry - even if they are green !  They really do suggest a solid, coach built vehicle.  I wonder - how do they run ?

I do also like the Adams and would love one on my layout - unfortunately, they really are foreigners to my region.  It's good to hear she runs well - one hears too often that brand new models have running problems.

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Hello Peter.  The coaches, ex-LSWR Gate Stock, are free running, due I think to the metal wheels and pin-point axle bearings which does appear to be the norm now with Bachmann and Hornby coaches.  The added bonus is that they fit comfortably in the loco run-round loop.

The detail on the loco is superb.  I have never seen so many 'bits' attached to the outside of a model tank loco.  An interesting feature, although it won't be used in my case, is the removable smokebox door to enable a DCC decoder to be fitted.

Terry

Posted
Rating:
A couple of photos of the O2 working the branch. 

Terry

Last edit: by col.stephens

Posted
Rating:
Both great photos Terry but for me, the top one with those coaches and the bridge conveys the most atmosphere - even without people !!   :thumbs

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Very nice.

I'm eagerly awaiting my 02 to arrive. I've taken the plunge and have started selling stuff to go Southern, LSWR and LBSCR.

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
Thanks Peter - I agree, that's my favourite photo too.  There are still lots of details to add to the yard end of the layout, but presently I am working on adding more rolling stock.  I am also toying with the idea of an industrial themed micro-layout to make use of an excess of wood I have lying around the shed.  I appear to have amassed about forty tank wagons in various liveries so am leaning towards some kind of oil refinery thing.  Details are very sketchy at present.

Thanks Pete - You haven't said which Group/Region you are currently modelling.  Wouldn't it be possible to keep some of your existing stock and run them together?  Some railways had running rights over the track of their rivals.

Terry

Posted
Rating:
Hi Terry

This really is a lovely little layout - setting a standard that many of us would do well to aspire to

Barry

Shed dweller, Softie Southerner and Meglomaniac

Posted
Rating:
wow
what character they have - beautiful models !

Dave
Notmutley
British OO outline, DCC - NCE PowerPro, Sound chips, Computer Control- RR&Co software

Posted
Rating:
Thank you Barry, very kind of you to say so but I am just an average modeller.  I note that the words 'for the average modeller' are no longer printed on the front cover of the Railway Modeller magazine these days.

Hello Dave.  Yes, the loco and coaches look beautiful.  My only input was to open the box!

Terry

Posted
Rating:
[user=711]col.stephens[/user] wrot
Thanks Pete - You haven't said which Group/Region you are currently modelling.  Wouldn't it be possible to keep some of your existing stock and run them together?  Some railways had running rights over the track of their rivals.

Terry

I've decided it'll be a freelance Southern theme. So Southern, LSWR, SE&CR and anything else down souf. :-)
I'll keep a 9F and a couple of others, but I really do need to sell stuff to finance it.

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
:off topicSorry Gents, but I really don't want this thread to become yet another discussion on the why's and wherefore's of Kadee couplings.  Maybe Kevin could start a new thread on this topic?  No offence intended.

Best wishes,

Terry

Explanatory note - This post was in relation to a developing topic which has since been moved to another thread.

Last edit: by col.stephens

Posted
Rating:
Thanks Matt.  Once again, no offence intended to anyone.  I just wanted to keep the thread 'on track'. (Pun intended).
Terry 

Posted
Rating:
That's fair enough Terry. Threads do tend to wander off topic.  :)

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
Just been catching up on this thread, its one of my favourites. Those Southern coaches really do look the part. If I didn't have such a stock of GWR i might just be tempted to switch allegiances

Posted
Rating:
Hi Hobgoblin.  I have just read a message about GWR coaches over SR coaches. I am uncertain where this message was destined for. Best wishes Kevin 

Staying on the thread Kevin.

Posted
Rating:
Hi Kevin

It was comment along the lines of 'if I were building the layout it would be GWR but seeing the Southern coaches Col. Stephens has I may be tempted to switch allegiance to the Southern

Regards

Andy

Posted
Rating:
Thank you for your kind comments Andy.  Ironically, when I look at GW locos I get the urge to build a GW layout!

Best wishes,

Terry
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.