Kevin's Inglenook Junction

Posted
Rating:

Two Planks Become One

That's good advice Kevin.  If you really want to have a bit of paving showing through, you can indeed glue Das clay down with a bit of PVA.  Roll it to your desired thickness, then scribe in you lines than carefully glue it into place.  You don't need much glue.  Or you can glue it in place and then scribe - it depends how easy it is to reach.  Paint it when dry, then cover in the coal dust and just have a little showing through.  Should look both convincing and realistic.
Michael
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Hi Bill.  Thank you for your reply. I was thinking of applying PVA and ballast in that area, but, abandoned the idea. I am not sure that coal dust was freely available at the time. Best wishes Kevin

Staying on the thread Kevin.

Posted
Rating:
Hi Matt.    You , and other interested parties, maybe would like to know why I haven’t got a house full of shopping bags. Alas the assistant wasn’t supplied with the trolley. Best wishes Kevin

Last edit: by Passed Driver

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Barchester is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
I'll bet she could crush yer coal Kevin  :)

Cheers

Matt

Wasnie me, a big boy did it and ran away

"Why did you volunteer ? I didn't Sir, the other three stepped backwards"

Posted
Rating:
Hi Matt.  Yeah, but, dare I ask how or where.  Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Hi Bill.  Thank you for your reply. As it so happens I do have a wheel cleaner, and I often run a Loco back and forth on it, at least the 0-6-0’s and 0-4-0’s.   Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Hi Matt.   After worrying about dirty track I followed your advice, and it worked. Recently? I purchased a new Loco from hattons, it may be OTT for my plank, but, being a class 33, at least it is a Southern Loco, I put it on the track and it runs without any problem, it is a hefty beast which may give it a better chance. Best wishes Kevin.                          PS hands, face, space.

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Barchester is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Good stuff Kevin, it's simple and cheap, my two favourite things  :thumbs
Cheers

Matt

Wasnie me, a big boy did it and ran away

"Why did you volunteer ? I didn't Sir, the other three stepped backwards"

Posted
Rating:

Posted
Rating:
Hi Matt.  I shall have to learn how to attach photos with my posts, meanwhile, I am looking to extend my plank with a space saving turntable like this example at Bembridge. Have you ever seen a similar one. Best wishes Kevin

Posted
Rating:
Hi Terry.    I sent for the long awaited LSWR Road Van, but I don’t know if it has been sent yet. Just after ordering the Van I had trouble getting out of my bed.?.  Which meant an overnight stay in my local hospital. I have emailed KERNOW to find out details of delivery or not, this is the morning out of hospital and I am still shaky. Could you please advise me on which carrier KERNOW used for your delivery ? Good luck with the Railway project wether or not there will be any public events this year. Best wishes Kev 

Posted
Rating:
Hello Kevin.  I'm glad to hear that you are home again.  I think that my Road Van was sent via Royal Mail.  Hopefully you will get a reply soon from Kernow.

Best wishes,

Terry

Posted
Rating:
Hi Terry. Thank you for your reply. Re the LSWR. Road Van, I have missed something here, there are two different vans here and I have a selection of the Queen (this is where I get it wrong) from bachmann and (the single van SB003A LSWR 10 ton goods brake van) with the glazed Windows. Unfortunately or not, I have made my bed as far as automatic couplers are concerned, and that choice was Kadee, Part two, some wagons I do like your selection, but I would never get round to build kits, but, I can make do with RTR  wagons. Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Hi Terry.   The Brake Van arrived okay from Kernow after all, I was in hospital, but there wasn’t a card left, and when I was discharged my neighbour was away, hence the delay. But now I have got a choice. But, do I really need a spare “S R”  brake when I have  van. Best wishes Kevin Christie 

Posted
Rating:
Hi Terry.  I’m sorry to rake over/ dig up this subject again. But.. I have made my bed , I chose the non prototype Kadee but it suitable for Inglenook Junction (until I find a suitable alternative). But, now I have come to the former LSWR Brakevan. Without the said item in front of me I didn’t know that it didn’t have NEM pockets,  I have already fitted a wagon with alternate couplers ie NEM/Kadee as a???   Sorry I have forgotten,     Best wishes Kevin

Posted
Rating:
Hello Kevin. Do you mean the Kernow LSWR Road van?  If you look very closely, you will see that it does have NEM pockets.  It is not apparent until you have a close look because it is obscured by the brake rigging.
Terry

Posted
Rating:
Hi Terry   Thank you, it must be my eyes, I will have to have a closer look at that, luckily I am not on the front now. Best wishes Kevin

Posted
Rating:
Hi Michael and any interested parties. Since my return to Model Railway I have come across many problems.I began with the over ambitious plans syndrome? Then after many visits to online advertising including you know who, I found a couple of shops in Kent, where I could purchase the stuff I wanted, knowing where it had been  it is a pity for everyone’s sake that COVID-19 came along, to say the least. I was going to head this entry “how many planks can one man build “. Because my bedroom looks like a left luggage office? With the Planks in their black boxes and the Really Useful boxes.Of course eyesight and stock availability allowing would of pointed me towards N gauge.
I have had so many false starts and so many eras. But come to think, as long as Beaching However you spell the name? Didn’t get the track pulled up so that the in-laws couldn’t build on it. The route could be just the same, or very similar. There is a useful series of videos on YouTube featuring old or defunct steam lines, which may surprise one.
I will have to consider one more multi use easily manageable plank. Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Hi Michael.   Thank you for your reply. Trouble is every time I make plans something gets in the way ( Arthritis ie) and that slows me down. I don’t want to get into a wheelchair, once one gets into one one never gets out. My latest idea? Is really crazy, too crazy to dwell upon. But, on the other hand I like the./ your idea of following a plan based on a prototype line , of course that is where I went wrong, but, a small/ plank featuring the Inglenook. Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Hi Terry and any fan’s of SR.  I am keen dispensing with tension lock couplers from my wagons as used on my plank. But, my latest purchase of rolling stock as sold by the ever popular Kernow MRC, the ex LSWR Road Van, an excellent model in every detail, it even has NEM pockets or so I believe, but, my eyes aren’t up to much? I have met many critics of my Non Prototype Kadee Couplers but they do support my Inglenook Junction plank very well . I have tried various methods with neodymium magnets and staples but, my rough handling? Caused the hooks to part company. If any member out there has solved this problem of fitting Kadee couplers on the said Road Van I would be pleased to hear from them. Best wishes Kevin 

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.