Modelcraft plans (1950s)

Posted
Rating:
#251434 (In Topic #13812)
Good Morning, I've been reading the interesting thread about Micromodels, as I have an interest in the parent company MODELCRAFT, being a keen collector of their model galleon and warship plans. My reason for this new topic is so that I don't hijack that (old) thread, even though it is related.
Modelcraft also had a selection of plans for model railway buildings, very similar to the John Ahern ones that are available from Sarik Hobbies these days, and I have a copy of number A.W 117H, Row of Shops (Old Style)

part of which I have scanned in. These were obviously designed to use their range of brick papers as these are referenced on the drawings.
 I'd be interested in knowing if anyone remembers these drawings, and if you still have any I'd be delighted to obtain copies. I throw the floor open for discussion. Thank you.

Additional information, discovered yesterday. It appears that these may not be Modelcraft drawings after all. They do not appear in their listings. Unfortunately the original distributer's name has been redacted from my copy, and they came from the old Skinley catalogue. The designers name is N F Plastow.

Last edit: by albert weatherspoon

Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Barchester is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Excellent ! Looking forward to seeing what comes up  :thumbs
For those who want to re read Terry's excellent thread on Micromodels it's. Here

Cheers

Matt

Wasnie me, a big boy did it and ran away

"Why did you volunteer ? I didn't Sir, the other three stepped backwards"
Online now: No Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.