009 Llangwynog Layout for sale

Posted
Rating:
#226504 (In Topic #12357)

Selling Llangwynog layout including all loco's stock etc.

Hello,I'm reluctantly selling my excellent 009 layout - see forum link
It was featured in 009 News September 1993 edition and is still in good condition and working order. I have all the original design notes and it comes with three engines and a raft of rolling stock.
I'm looking for a good home for it and open to offers in the region of £650.
I've posted a selection of photos on the link above, but happy to send anyone who's interested more photos/info on request.

Paul

Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Hi Paul Have just seen, watching your link. Very nice scenic modelling, Look,s great Would have been interested. Sorry but to far in new build. Should not be a problem selling.

Best of luck

Noviceman

Posted
Rating:
Hi Paul.  I've loved 009 since the '60s (remember Eggerbahn?) but I'm so tied up now with 'Ottersford' the chances of ever including a n.g. logging feeder are ever more receding.

I would be very interested in buying 'Llangwynog' (it reminds me of the Tallyln that I travelled on many years ago) but the problem is I'm in S.A..

Could I ask you to look into the feasibility/cost of shipping the layout to Johannesburg?  I would think surface mail would be the best bet (it takes up to 3 months but that's not a problem).  Obviously copious amounts of bubble wrap would be required for stock etc. but as the layout has been to exhibitions I imagine the whole lot could be packed into about 2' x 3'?

I completely understand if you don't want to be bothered as I'm sure you'll get an easier U.K. purchaser, but in the event that you don't maybe you could consider my offer.

All the best

Mal (Kaiser)

All stressed out, got addled brains?
Ride your bike or play with trains!

Posted
Rating:
Hi Mal,
The layout is in two parts each measuring 4'4"x2'x1'3" with additional controllers and rolling stock store area. I think the best way to safely transport them would be in foam lined custom crates, probably each measuring 5'x3'x2' each. Plus another crate for the other bits. I'd happily look into the cost of this if you would like. Please just let me know and we can agree details in private messages…..

Regards,
Paul

Posted
Rating:
Yes please Paul - I know transport is expensive these days & I'm hoping it won't make the deal unviable.  I've still got a UK bank account with NatWest so I could pay you by eft from there.

Thanks

Mal

Last edit: by Kaiser

Posted
Rating:
Hi Mal,
It may be worth sending your email address via a private message , or once contact has been made with Paul to edit your post above and remove it.

I'm sure there isn't anyone on YMRC who would have malicious intent, but with email accounts being linked with social media, financial accounts and other things. I would feel it safer not to have it in the public domain.

Obviously I may just sound like a 'busy body' and you can ignore the above if you wish.

Last edit: by new04db

Kind Regards

Aaron

Kingsmead Station

©Aaron C. New

Posted
Rating:
Good advice Aaron, as it's amazing how much nuisance one can get once a private email is visible on an open forum. It's not a bad idea to have secondary emails to use as a barrier to your primary account.

Bill

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
Good point guys & thanks for your consideration.  With a working history in IT I should have thought of that, especially with the amount of 'junk' emails I get, even with a spam filter. Next question, how do I edit a previously posted email?

Mal

Posted
Rating:
Hi Mal and no problem editing an old post. Just call up the post in question and hit 'edit' in the bar immediately under your post, then off you go.

Good luck with the 009 layout, it looks wonderful and I hope the logistics and shipping work out okay.

Best,

Bill

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
Thanks Bill - forgot to mention I have an MA in ignoring the bleedin' obvious!

Posted
Rating:
Hi Kaiser,I've not had much joy with this. It doesn't seem as straightforward as making a couple of crates and shipping the layout. It seems it will require a freight forwarder to have the crates manufactured (with the right wood!) and then packed so that there's adequate insurance associated with the shipping.
Looks like the costs will stack up and I've unfortunately got limited time to chase it through at present. I'm sorry to suggest that perhaps we should park it and, if I don't get any other interest, we can revisit.
What do you think?
Regards,
Paul

Posted
Rating:
Hi Paul I'm absolutely fine with that - it's only whimsy on my part anyway!  I hope you find a good home for the layout, but if not, sure get back to me. Mal

Posted
Rating:
I've created a website for the layout for those who may be interested…..
LINK

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.