007.7 Schedule and Block Controls

Posted
Rating:
#124932 (In Topic #6537)

How to make sure only certain trains go from A to B

DRAFT………………………WORK IN PROGRESS

Schedule Controls

Layout Changes

If you are following this tutorial you may wish to add some new features to the tutorial layout in readiness for the loco runaround sequence and time table video that will follow.

You have seen some of these changes before but now is the time to put them into practice

Starting from the left the terminus now has three Platform faces Weston P1, P2 and P3

After Weston Home there is a loco spur and after that a line heading to another branch terminus "Denton" and a continuation to a storage block which I thought that later we could expand to create more complex operations 

At Weston you will see in P2 there is an autotrain that I have created, that runs as a shuttle between Denton and the Terminus………..the shuttle could originally go to any of the 3 platforms…..I wanted to experiment to see which Platform TC would choose……..typically, but not always, the nearest one, provided of course, that another train (the Eastham B Set) wasnt already at that platform .

However I had an interesting result when the B Set was at the terminus……………when I started the Denton shuttle it was the B set that went charging off to Denton:cry:…….not good there is no run around loop at Denton!

One quickly learns the importance of very precise instructions with TC

RESTRICTED USE OF SCHEDULES AND BLOCKS

This could, I suppose, be simply resolved by limiting the Eastham train to P1 and the Auto train Denton Shuttle to P 2 and P3  

But with TC there are better ways……. by using the train tab of the Schedule Properties you can select a list of specific trains or locos that can operate that Schedule

In the left hand window are listed all the available trains………select the ones you want and press the add button and they will appear in the right hand window. Only those trains can now operate that schedule.

Note I have selected the Train Set, in this case the Auto train carriage and not the loco (the 14xx).

Now the auto train can use all three platform faces and there is no risk of another train set that happens to be in the terminus from being started by the shuttle

John
Granby III
Lenz DCC,RR&Co Gold V10 A4 Windows 10
Online now: No Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.