007.4 Schedules........Loco Run Around

Posted
Rating:
#124810 (In Topic #6528)

A video of the simulator

Tutorial Loco Run around Video

http://content.screencast.com/users/JohnDew/folders/Jing/media/6ea19906-7736-4d56-8684-2b642f415c6f/2010-01-30_1206.swf

Any suggestions on how to embed this properly will be appreciated

This video shows the tutorial Run around sequence we are developing………..the video is courtesy of Gordons19 

It is a series of schedules, some containing commands ("operations") linked together in a sequence that is activated by a pushbutton……you can see this in the top left of the screen

The next post will break down the sequence schedule by schedule so that you can replicate it on your own layout.

Meantime some thing to look out for

Watch the icon of the current schedule turning to green when it becomes active……you can see this on the Dispatcher Window

As the first schedule starts the blocks ahead of the train are reserved and the train image appears in the reserved blocks on a white background.

The right hand throttle or train window shows the speed of the engine……. .to speed things up I have modified the loco to do 80 mph.

Incidentally I strongly recommend always having the engine throttle up when running a schedule……on my layout inactive schedules have more to do with dirty track than RR&Co. When this video was produced I hadnt discovered the traffic control window but now that is another tool that I always have on display……I will be posting about this later

As the train enters a block watch the contact indicator turn red and the block background become pink.

When the train leaves the block the contact indicator reverts to Black and the train image disappears as the block is released ie available for a following train 

When the the train gets to Eastham it slows to a stop and this bit is rather like watching paint dry I am afraid……but you can see the different schedules activated as the engine uncouples, runs clear of the carriages, clears the xover point, reverses around the loop……couples again and finally returns to Weston

When the engine uncouples watch the throttle carefully and you will see a brief flicker of reverse speed as we induce a jerk or "Kaydee shuffle" 

Hope you enjoyed the show…..the next post shows how ii is done

John
Granby III
Lenz DCC,RR&Co Gold V10 A4 Windows 10
Online now: No Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.