007.3 Schedules The schedule will not start

Posted
Rating:
#123148 (In Topic #6449)

The Top 10 reasons why a schedule will not run

This is my personal top five……there may be other nominations….. please post suggestions in the General Forum.

1   No Start or Destination Block specified

Easily remedied but frustrating. Develop the routine of always entering them when first setting up the schedule     

2  One or more blocks in schedule not connected by a route 

When you have finished constructing a schedule in the block diagram screen always toggle the [Show Main Block Diagram] so you see only the blocks and routes in the Schedule. Errors like this are immediately apparent

3  No train in Start Block 

Sounds obvious but it is astonishing how often I manage to do this

4   Block in Schedule already occupied or reserved for another loco

If you have assigned a loco to a block and subsequently physically removed it TC will continue to reserve the block until you use the [Remove Train] option

A schedule that involves a loco moving into an occupied block so it can couple up must have the schedule rules adjusted

5   Schedule is set up as Successor to a Schedule that has "Finish Operations"

Schedule will not start and you get no messages…..the solution is to add it as the final operation in the list of finish operations.

6  Schedule is actually correct…..Loco is stuck!

Always have a throttle up for every loco running a schedule……if the loco is stationary and the throttle is showing speed you know the problem is mechanical.

The specific schedule icon in the schedule list of the block diagram is another clue…..when you  select start it turns Green to show the shedule is active…..if almost it immediatelty reverts to inactive status (Yellow) you know there is a structural problem with the schedule. If it remains green but nothing moves…..then it is mechanical. 

There is are many more which hopefully I will be able to cover as we progress but these are the real bloopers!  

Last edit: by John Dew

John
Granby III
Lenz DCC,RR&Co Gold V10 A4 Windows 10
Online now: No Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.