Adams Radial Tank 30583

Posted
Rating:
#243318 (In Topic #13431)

BR Early Crest

Hi all, I wonder if anyone can tell me when (the now preserved) 30583 received the late style of BR crest. I am modifying my Hornby version to resemble it when had my first ever cab ride at the tender age of 4 in 1959. Whilst I have a smashing picture of me in the cab at Lyme Regis and another at Honiton with Mum the swirling steam obscures the crest but luckily confirms it was 30583! 
Thanks All.

Simon

Oh well back to the asylum
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
There is a photo of it in Classis British Steam Locomotives, Page 45, taken in August 1954.  At this time is was still wearing the earlier logo (lion over wheel).  Not the answer you wanted but it might help to narrow down the date.
Terry

Posted
Rating:
In 'The Story of the Lyme Regis Branch (Railway Bylines Centenary Special) page 19, there is a picture of 30583 taken on 23rd August, 1959, with the later logo displayed (lion over crown).
On page 28 of the same publication, there is a picture of 30583 taken on 2nd June, 1959, and again it has the later BR logo.
Hope this helps.
Terry

Last edit: by col.stephens

Posted
Rating:
Thanks to all who have helped with this query, having the pics dated to August 1959 I can with confidence leave the later logo on. Very Many thanks again.
Simon.

Oh well back to the asylum
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.