Spalding Rail Show 2015

Posted
Rating:
#209042 (In Topic #11434)
An enjoyable day at Spalding rail show, good to meet Peter (Petermac), Pete (Jakesdad13) and Paul Chetter and put faces to names!(or names to faces?)
Lots of good layouts of all gauges and nearly all had something on the move! (perhaps they read this forum?)
A few photo's :

And the two Peters!!

Cheers
Ron

Proper Preparation makes for Perfect Performance!!

http://yourmodelrailway.net/view_topic.php?id=13331&forum_id=21
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Hi Ron, what a great show, it never fails to deliver great layouts and good value, it was a treat to meet you and Peter in the flesh so to speak I did look for you both after lunch ( I had arranged to meet up with my father-in-law and brother-in-law at 12.30 ) and found Peter but you had gone elsewhere, in depth viewing  I think :), any way nice to see you and looking forward to Warley.  See you there.

Cheers Pete. 

it was already on fire when I got here, honest!

Posted
Rating:
Likewise Pete, I bought some bits'n'pieces and met the wife at 1.30 at the shops!
Good show and some good layouts, look forward to seeing you at Warley :)

Cheers
Ron

Posted
Rating:
I've echoed your sentiments elsewhere but yes, a really good show and great to meet 3 of our members in person - Ron, Pete and Paul Chetter.  Many thanks for your welcome and hospitality guys.  :thumbs

Looks like I'll be told to get my hair cut when I get home ……………………..:roll::roll::roll:

More to follow when I can download my photos at home.  :cheers:cheers

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
That looks as though it was a really great show……thank you so much for posting the shots Ron…..I really enjoyed the grimy industrial ones! I am so envious of you guys……..we seem to have just one show a year here and its always the same…pretty mediocre. Sadly I have never been able to plan a trip to the UK that co-incided with a show:cry: 

Petermac wrote:
Looks like I'll be told to get my hair cut when I get home ……………………..:roll::roll::roll:

I wouldnt be at all surprised……..I think that shot of Max with his double bass had a bad influence on you:lol:

I do hope the journey home isnt too horrendous

Best Wishes

John

John
Granby III
Lenz DCC,RR&Co Gold V10 A4 Windows 10

Posted
Rating:
I'm back home now after an interesting journey.

I was surprised to note I'd driven 2,400 miles since leaving home but most of those miles were worth it.  The border between France and Belgium has, in spite of the Schengen Agreement, been re-established in some form since the Paris attacks.  At the old border crossing, the motorway, in both directions,  was coned down to 2 lanes - 1 for cars and 1 for lorries, and was watched over by several heavily armed Police.  Presumably, they were doing spot checks - or maybe looking for something specific.  Whatever the reason, it took some time to crawl through the 2km tailback.  A similar situation existed at the last toll booth before Paris itself on the motorway and Paris was particularly slow on this occasion - I think mainly caused by either road works on the several "ring roads" I use but also, I suspect, by traffic normally entering central Paris, using the outer routes.  What normally takes me around 10.5 hours, took almosty exactly 12 hours yesterday !!!  However, it is 576 miles from Zeebrugge ferry terminal to my house.

Anyway, here's a photo or two to be going on with.  I think the yellow cast came from the Gateshead lighting but I can't for the life of me, remember the names of some of this layout:

This is "Pempoul", a well known French style layout.  I can assure you, it's very prototypical for rural France:

This one, from Spalding, was "Walmington on Sea", a very picturesque layout occupying a corner site:

More to follow wehen I get a moment. :cheers

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Glad you're home safe Peter, that's quite a journey!! It was good to meet you and exchange a few idea's, look forward to 'bumping' into you again in the future! :):)

Cheers
Ron

Posted
Rating:
I'd been hoping to get there and pick up some ideas from 'Mannin Middle', but was struck down by a tummy bug. Thanks for the pictures.

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
nice pics Peter,would of loved to have been there but Idinn`t dare drive that far at the mo,
:thumbs;-):cool:

web-cam 2.2.74.174:8081
if the lights are off no cam
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.