Model railway photography

Posted
Rating:
#28223 (In Topic #1967)
Legacy Member

Background overlays ?

In photography i believe its possible to create a picture ,but adding a different background. I have the basic photoshop and photo bucket .Would anyone know ,do i need to subscribe to a more advanced system in order to do this?:roll:

thanks in advance for any info offered

reg
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
In this months b r m an article by bob banks tells how he used his pc with microsoft picture it photo standard 9 software . So i will have to give that a good coat of looking at later on .hope this may be of use to other members.

reg

Posted
Rating:
Reg

Where are you down loading the software from, or is it already on your PC?

Bob(K)

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
I will e-mail ypou on this one bob.

reg

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
 Sounds interesting Reg. I hope it works out ok and that we get to see the results ;-)
 A while back we had a demo version of KJ Clipper downloaded from the net. Long expired now. With it you can cut away pretty much anything you don't want, then superimpose the picture over a different backdrop or sky.

http://www.kjclipper.com/  free trial download here.

so this

becomes this

OBviously you could apply it to all sorts of situations, and print the results.

Mike

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Hi Mike ,i am anxous to get some how to.s on here but need to master the photography bit first .the background of my railway room is not too interesting.will get there eventually.:pedal

reg

Posted
Rating:
I reckon I like the first one better Mike, except I can't see any lizards. ;-) :lol::lol::lol:

Last edit: by Marty

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Mike can I ask you where Little Glenmore fits into your layout scheme. I only ask because on saving the above pictures for future display on here I see that the first one has been saved by yourself as littleglenmore. I just want to know which folder to keep them in.

Posted
Rating:
And all this time, we thought YOU were actually painting your backscenes Mike !! :shock::shock::lol::lol::lol:

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
"And all this time, we thought YOU were actually painting your backscenes Mike"

:mutley:lol::lol:

Bob I originally called the layout little glenmore as a bit of a joke because Glenmore is our street name. I changed it to Swanhurst - a name invented by my sister who's Hampshire through and through :cool: [it's a pretty early photo]

Mike

P.S. Marty the lizards are back in force again for another summer
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Thanks Mike, now I know where it has to go, along with dozens of others in Swanhurst I might add.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.