37412 DRIVER JOHN ELLIOTT

Posted
Rating:
#89728 (In Topic #4838)
Guest user
Hi

I thought some folk might like to see a recent addition to Beeches TMD.  Spent a good couple of hours weathering this one - nearly completed - just a few finishing touches required.  Some additional shots of 37412 on the fotopic (access via website's home page).

http://beechestmd.webs.com/

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Very Very nice . looks the business.:thumbs

reg
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Yes indeed, a nice scene.

Posted
Rating:
A good photo there, paul, and the weathering has just the right amount of "griminess."  What did you use to achieve that effect?  I guessing a dirty wash but am usually wrong.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Hi Tim

I started as always with loads of photos of the real thing.  Firstly added the details by hand with fine paint brushes and acrylics - paint chips, rust areas, handles, vents, edges of doors etc.  Some of these were touched up later after airbrushing.  I like taking my time over this - I enjoy it - and attention to detail just ends up making the loco look more realistic. 

The next step was airbrushing - firstly with Railmatch Frame Dirt - over the lower parts of the loco and lightly over the rest to take off the glossy new look.  Then over parts of the chassis' with Railmatch Brake Dust.  
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Now that's got to be a contender for photo of the week if, I only knew how to nominate:thud

Bozzy(never known to pass a pub)

Posted
Rating:
Agree, I'll pop it up when the time comes. Voting for the current set only at the moment.

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Like Ian I don't know how to nominate a photo.  I guess I can't nominate one of my own!!!!  Be grateful though if someone nominated this one - glad you enjoyed it - I'll be adding more in due course.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Thanks Marty

I would be greatful if someone would explain to me how to "nominate" , but remember computers and me often speak in different tongues:mutley

Bozzy(never known to pass a pub)

Posted
Rating:
The concept is:

post a reply in the nominations thread nominating the photo with suitable words of praise and encouragement.

Copy the photo from where you found it and paste it into the reply you have just created and

The MOST IMPORTANT BIT

Tell us where you got the photo from by copy and pasting the URL from the address line at the top of the page into the reply you have created and maybe saying from John Smith's layout page 5 post 155.

Then press send.

any questions or clarifications please ask, we are more than happy to help.

cheers

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
Easier I think, with two windows open in the forum via the browser at the same time - saves having to edit the post adding info.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sorry, forgot to mention that, it is certainly what I do.

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.