Waddlemarsh

Posted
Rating:

Somewhere SW of London. Somewhen before today

Either. There was a small travel-bag layout called Boghouses which was built on two cork notice-boards.  And the board has been built for a new portable project not yet named. But equally you may have someone else in mind. 

Rick
Layouts here and here
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
[user=1753]Gwiwer[/user] wrote:
Either. There was a small travel-bag layout called Boghouses which was built on two cork notice-boards.  And the board has been built for a new portable project not yet named. But equally you may have someone else in mind.
It wouldn't surprise me if I'm thinking of someone else… getting old and foggy.

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
Empty milk churns are loaded for return to the Cornish dairies. There’s always someone reading the paper when work’s to be done :mutley

Rick
Layouts here and here

Posted
Rating:
I occasionally receive requests to show the fuller extent of Waddlemarsh and how it fits into the room. The room, remember, is also a bedroom, workroom and library but is only around 12’ 6” by 10’. A fairly standard British bedroom. 

So here we are. Firstly a “drone” shot to use current technology. Taken by standing halfway up the stairs to the cabin bed. 

Then a quite literal over-view from up on the  bed itself. The main fiddle yard is out of shot bottom right and there are two sidings for the electrified passenger line between the backscene and window. 

Moving on to the main ten-road fiddle yard this rests on top of a large desk / workstation set-up beneath which is a small part of the library, the computer and the angle-poise lamp to illuminate this area which is beneath the also-visible double cabin bed

A view from the fiddle yard along the station side of the layout. 

Followed by the reverse-view looking in from the operating area which is carpeted and uncluttered floor about 5’ sqaure. 

Finally a view captured by placing the phone in the narrow opening seen above right between the backscene and the “bits” drawers. This looks better than it once did now that I have trees planted to hide the control panel. 

Rick
Layouts here and here

Posted
Rating:
Brilliant. Thanks for posting those shots.

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
These are great shots, Rick, and allow us to see how it all fits in and fits together.
 :doublethumb

Jeff Lynn,
Amateur layabout, Professional Lurker, Thread hijacker extraordinaire

Posted
Rating:
A small flurry of activity occurred on the Merchant’s Siding this afternoon. BR Standard 73051 has been selected for this year’s special duties. 

The headboard was fitted, a careful oil-round topped all the boxes and checked all the joints. 

And the discs were set for a Brighton to West London Line train because that will take it past North Pole 

Rick
Layouts here and here

Posted
Rating:
The “Standard” duly hauled its booked train today. Pullman comforts for those aboard; same old grime and toil for those on the footplate 

Merry Christmas from Waddlemarsh 

Rick
Layouts here and here

Posted
Rating:
Great to see the high level views, but it’s when you get the camera down low you see all that amazing detail you’ve added! You should be proud of what you’ve done this year!

Posted
Rating:
Waddlemarsh features in Kernow MRC’s newsletter as Layout of the Week. Not the first time I have been so honoured.

While it is quite common knowledge that I choose to support this business when ever possible. This has no bearing whatsoever on being so featured.

KMRC - Customer Layouts

Rick
Layouts here and here

Posted
Rating:
A well deserved feather in your hat, Rick.

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
Fantastic, we’ll deserved!

Posted
Rating:
The weekend before Christmas sees far more mail traffic than usual although none appears to be handled at Waddlemarsh. 

A borrowed 4-Cep unit offers better-than-normal passenger accommodation and is led by a Motor Luggage Van borrowed from South Eastern Division boat train duties. 

Last edit: by Gwiwer

Rick
Layouts here and here

Posted
Rating:
All is quiet at Waddlemarsh as the year approaches the buffer-stops. Baby Warship D6331 has dumped some condemned stock in the siding. 

Rick
Layouts here and here

Posted
Rating:
I should know better!  A quiet day still turned up quite a surprise as the Brighton Belle came through!  Not required for its normal daytime trips today but instead on a very rare chartered special. Apparently it’s coming back at around 2.00am after everyone has been wined, dined and entertained for the new year. 

Happy New Year from Waddlemarsh. 

Rick
Layouts here and here

Posted
Rating:
And a happy & healthy new year to you and yours. Rick.

Great pics too. Thanks for posting.

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
Happy New Year to you and Sharon also, Rick. :cheers

Jeff Lynn,
Amateur layabout, Professional Lurker, Thread hijacker extraordinaire

Posted
Rating:
Will Brighton Belle do a New Year Special in 2023 and how do I get tickets?
Happy New Year, Rick

Cheers,
Claus
www.flickr.com/photos/ellef/

Posted
Rating:
0899B15D-F359-40FC-8FB9-9A40B31E68E9.jpeg 3B1666A8-B17A-406E-B921-2B2BA68F29F4.jpeg 4D899CAA-A0F6-4EE3-A9E4-F7764A7439DB.jpeg

Not at all sure what will be visible as all I can see above is text. It should show some recent activity at Waddlemarsh 

Rick
Layouts here and here

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Ed is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
I can see three thumbnail pictures Rick, but I can't expand them.

When you browse to the attachment file, after pressing Open, you need to take the tick out against Thumb.

Ed
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.